“Incredible Service”

Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Shaver Lake
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2020

Host made room even though we had no reservation. Server was more of a tour guide than a waitress. Gave Excellent recommendations and made sure we enjoyed every bite and sip of our meal. Had to sit outside b/c of COVID-19, but they have made the ambience festive while maintaining their top shelf feel. No visit to Shaver is complete without a visit to the Trading Post and Kelley's impeccable service with a smile.

Date of visit: August 2020
Write a reviewReviews (73)

Reviewed 16 December 2019 via mobile

I enjoy the rustic charm of the old Bretz Mill mess hall. The floors are sloped and uneven and the fireplace warms the restaurant during cooler evenings. I always enjoy their calamari dinner...best I have had.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 3 September 2019 via mobile

Very good service and food was cooked just right. Best place to eat in Shaver Lake. We have been here 3 times and it has not disappointed. I recommend calling in for reservations because it can get busy on weekends.

Date of visit: September 2019
2  Thank fredpV8466JB
Reviewed 2 March 2019

Hey. You're driving up or down the hill. This is worth the stop for anything you need -- BUT, the cookies are great!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 27 November 2018

It had been awhile since we dined here and I remembered it being very cozy with good food. The ambiance is very rustic with a woodburning stove in the main dining room and a fireplace in the bar area. We chose to sit at one of the booths. It is nice that all entrees include a cup of soup and a salad of your choice. The soup was weird, very thick and rather tasteless and not served very hot. The spinach salad was good with a raspberry dressing. The entree was Filet Mignon which was very tender served with mushrooms, veggies and a baked potato.

The odd part of our meal was when we told the server we wanted to share our meal and asked if there was a split plate fee. She said she would charge us three dollars for an empty extra plate and we could split the meal ourselves. That was weird, we dine out alot and have never had that happen. We said no, we would just share our meal without the plate which she brought out anyway. I also ordered a Cosmo which was only filled half way up the glass and served with a lemon, it tasted odd but I didn't say anything. For $12 the drink was way overpriced. When the bill came she said I didn't charge you for the empty plate. I'm thinking ummmm..... that's because we didn't use it and told you not to bring it. On our way out two guys asked us how it was and when I told them what happened, they left. Maybe an off night? I found the server to be kind of grumpy and not very accomodating to the customer. :)

Date of visit: November 2018