US$465
Hotel Sausalito(Sausalito)(Great Value!)
US$252
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
The Gables Inn Sausalito(Sausalito)(Great Value!)
US$286
  • Breakfast included
HI Marin Headlands Hostel(Sausalito)(Great Value!)
Waters Edge Hotel(Tiburon)(Great Value!)
US$335
  • Breakfast included
The Lodge at Tiburon(Tiburon)(Great Value!)
US$336
US$277
US$167
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$207/night.

US$212
US$207
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$232/night.

US$291
Reviews (1 068)
1 068 results
All reviewsmurray circlefarley barthe golden gate bridgefort bakerhistoric roomsmeditation poolmilitary basegolf cartfront porchcooking schoolrocking chairsking suitesan franciscoparade groundofficers quartersdiscovery museumcooking class
8 - 13 of 1 068 reviews
Reviewed 10 June 2018

How many chances can you give a place? Yes, the rooms are lovely, the environment is to die for, but this review is about the restaurant, though I have stayed at Cavallo Point several times - and it's not the first time the restaurant has led down the whole experience. We've given them "another chance" on several occasions, because we want to support this local resort, but - sadly - never again. We were seated promptly in the restaurant for Sunday brunch - and it was not overly busy at the time, with what seemed like plenty of wait staff to deal with any eventuality. Having ordered coffees, the waiter then left us. We watched other guests served - and they'd come in after us, although the guests at the neighboring table had to send back their coffee because it was bad. Another ten minutes went by, and our waiter returned to take our food order, saying "Your coffee is coming." As he repeated the orders back to us, he kept getting it wrong, so we had to tell him all over again. Then he vanished once more. Another fifteen minutes elapsed, so I spoke to the hostess about the tardy service. The manager came to the table, and said she would do something about it. Another ten minutes went by before we decided we had no other option but to leave, because it seemed no one cared to assist us in an efficient manner. I was very upset as I was bringing out of town guests to a local restaurant for a memorable "Bay Area" experience. I informed the hostess that I would never be back - I hated doing that, but I could not have been more disappointed. If you want a really good Sunday brunch while staying at Cavallo Point, go to the Buckeye - ten minutes up the road, excellent service, first class reputation, and really good food - that's what we did today, and their service saved the day!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank AprilBlossom2015
CavalloPointGM, Director of Food and Beverage at Cavallo Point, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear AprilBlossom2015,
I am truly sorry so had such a bad experience at Murray Circle, I would like to talk to you directly if you would kindly contact me at your convenience at kalyna@cavallopoint.com or 415.339.4755.
Kalyana Krishnamoorthy

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Cavallo Point for an evening because it was close to Muir Woods. I was with my sister and her 2 young children. We got one room with 2 queens beds. We were pleasantly surprised by the modern, spacious, luxurious room. The food at the hotel was amazing (both room service and the restaurant). Hotel staff were very friendly. My only complaint is that they don’t offer the ability to log into Netflix etc within the room as most hotels offer this now.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank NYC102005
CavalloPointGM, General Manager at Cavallo Point, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear NYC102005,
I'm glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay as well as the food and the room. I also wanted to mention that all of our rooms are equipped with smart tv's and have the capability to log into Netflix, so next time you join us you can enjoy your movies as well.
Kind regards,
Brendan

Reviewed 29 May 2018

This 5 star resort was better in person than the online pictures - which doesn't often happen (and the online pictures are great!). It is beautiful and has a wonderful history as a former U.S. Army military base (Fort Baker) in the late 1800s/early 1900s and now is a part of the U.S. Park Service. They have restored the property and kept every building to its original footprint. It it right next to the Golden Gate but at the water level. Both new, modern rooms and restored rooms in the original Army officer homes are available. I loved my room and the bed was so comfortable (Four Seasons comfortable). They have a free tour available to learn about the history. It is a small property which I loved - with free shuttles to Sausalito. The spa, food, service and views were all top notch. Take a watercolor class from Lucinda - she was fantastic. I had so much fun and walked away with art I actually made and will frame!! She is a gifted teacher and renowned artist. I was so excited when I met her and realized I was going to take a class from a well-known artist. I walked the Golden Gate bridge - which was a unique experience - a great workout as well as the best views ever. Wine reception every day from 4-6pm - loved that! I was there for a conference for two days then stayed through the weekend - I am so glad I did!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Golden Gate
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
5  Thank SBFTX

Dear SBFTX,
I'm glad to hear you had such a wonderful time and that you decided to extend your stay after your conference. Our guests do love the watercolor class and hopefully next time you will be able to enjoyed our guided hikes as well.
Brendan Carlin

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

We had half expected Cavallo ‘Lodge’ to be an inn or smallish hotel but it is in fact an estate of early 20th Century houses that comprised the former Fort Baxter. Our accommodation was more modern: a group of more recently built and contemporarily designed rooms/suites set behind the main/reception building. This was light and with a Scandinavian flavour featuring plenty of wood, very comfortable bed and large bathroom. Decor was slightly tired but comfortable and with a fantastic view of the bridge from the balcony.
The way the rooms are spread around means your luggage may have to be transported quite a way but there are plenty of staff to help shift you and your cases around the hilly campus.
Breakfast (or brunch at weekends) is served in the building next door to reception. No buffet but a reasonable choice, if heavily weighted towards heavier brunch rather than lighter breakfast dishes.
Staff friendly and generally well informed (though one receptionist seemed to have only a limited understanding of the hotel’s geography).
Nice spa but busy at weekends.
Expensive though would actually be a great place to stay with kids, including because the hotel is right next to the Children’s adventure faculty on the waterfront.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Dr_Bill_11,
Thank you for your wonderful and detailed feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your contemporary room, the service and the surroundings. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.
Brendan

Reviewed 20 May 2018

I stayed here for a conference and everything about the experience was excellent. The property is picturesque, the service is top notch and the spa is not to be missed. I stayed in one of the historic homes and the room was absolutely charming - very comfortable bed, loved the updated and spacious bathroom. The only downside is that there is no air conditioning and the room was a bit warm - there's a ceiling fan and opening the window cooled the room so not a big deal.

Definitely check out the spa - very relaxing ambiance and the meditation pool (heated to 100 degrees) is so soothing.

The fitness center is a little small but has treadmills & weights.

The service throughout the property was warm and extremely helpful. Also, don't miss the gift shop.

Loved this property and looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
CavalloPointGM, General Manager at Cavallo Point, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Kand3,
I'm glad you enjoyed our meditation pool, the mercantile and your historic room. I very much appreciate you taking the time to review us.
Brendan Carlin