See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 July 2018

Threesome in front with only one set of clubs. They were trying to give lessons to a girl that was with them. Soooooooo sloooooooow. On the back nine the pro shop snuck a five some to go in front of these slow players. We quit after 10 1/2 holes. My son and I will never be back. Conditions are terrible, just terrible!!! July 20/2018 7:51 tee time

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2018

I had booked a room here in advance for a stay of several days for a family wedding. Although nice to look at the room smelled of strong cleaning products, the beds were unsleepable, the decor very dated, and the furniture a bit marred. They also wanted to charge me an extra $10 a night resort fee for tv and wifi. I only mention this because I was to stay here as part of an event group and it had been agreed that this additional amount would not be charged. When I tried to discuss the mattress issue with them they said that all the mattresses were the same in all the rooms. So I left and went elsewhere. I did get a couple of pics of the room though.

This place changed ownership between when my daughter booked the venue and when the event occurred. The new staff seemed to not much care about the terms of the original agreement or wether or not they fulfilled them.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 31 January 2018

This location is a combination Golf Course and Hotel. The hotel sits on the edge of the 18 hole Golf Course, with some rooms having a partial view of the course.

The rooms were very nice, and extremely well kept. The staff was very nice and helpful.

Golf is not included, but they do offer guest a slight discount.

There is also a restaurant on site.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 26 October 2017

I've lived in this neighborhood for 25+ years. The "Club" was our go-to Wednesday night for many of those years, but awhile back the quality and selection had us going elsewhere. Last night my wife and I gave it another try. Much to our delight we had a wonderful meal served by a wonderful waitress, Kristen. (or Kirsten?) They've brought back the Wednesday prime rib special. It was plentiful, tender and cooked to my exact preference. My wife had the french dip sandwich and it was perfect. With so much competition in Santee coupled with the fact that so many don't even know the Carlton Oaks Grill could be missed. It shouldn't be. It's a great experience perched on the edge of a beautiful golf course. BTW, the prime rib was 18.95 for a complete meal! That deal can't be beat!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2017

My mom lives near Carlton Oaks Country Club, so staying there is (for me) a no-brainer. The rooms are fine (apart from a lack of microwave ovens), the setting is beautiful, but the big distinction is that the staff are uniformly friendly, helpful, and competent. Maybe this shouldn't be rare, but it is noteworthy. The restaurant is of the highest quality, for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. And, recently, we had a celebration of life catered pool-side for about 50 people. It would be impossible to overstate how completely pleased I was: from "catering" to our allergy needs, to prompt and friendly service, to being flexible about the timings of courses etc. Absolutely stunning.

Date of stay: August 2017