Best Western Plus Garden Inn(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$194
Hotels.com
US$131
Hotels.com
US$141
ExtendedStay
Courtyard Santa Rosa(Santa Rosa)
US$227
US$216
Courtyard
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$240/night.

The Astro(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$204
North Bay Inn(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$138
US$122
US$119
ExtendedStay
US$113
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

US$284
All reviewshard boiled eggspool housebelgian wafflesroom was cleancontinental breakfastmake your own waffleswine countryyogurttrader joe'shot tubswimming poolwould stay here againrestaurant next doornothing fancythe breakfast areamini fridgegreat rate
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

All was good. The room was clean, shower pressure was strong and location was reasonable distance from Sebastopol. Location for eating establishments was in the middle of good choices. Would definitely return and recommend if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lauren B, General Manager at Sandman, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

davidsussman2018,
I appreciate you providing your feedback. I am pleased to hear you found our location convenient to get to Sebastopol. We are very centrally located which makes it easy to visit the many great areas of Sonoma County. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This Hotel helped my out when my son was injured on a job site and I could not transport him for several days. They were so Kind & Compassionate! Let us take pillows to transport him with his crushed legs. They even shopped for medical supplies for us....Amazing!!!!

Room Tip: This Staff is Amazing!! Always a comfortable & pleasant stay.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank chiaramonteconst2018

chiaramonteconst2018
Thank you for your kind words about the staff. I am pleased you found them kind and compassionate during your unplanned visit. I sincerely hope your son is recovering well from his terrible accident. We hope you can return under better circumstances.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our trip to that area of CA was made fantastic by the superb customer service of all Sandman employees - but especially Chris Morano, concierge. We called ahead & he arranged a wine country tour + more!
The room was clean - bed was comfortable - and location was convenient for our day trips to Pacific Ocean, Armstrong Woods, San Fransisco & Alcatraz
We also went to Sunday mass & wrapped up a great, long weekend.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Nancy E,
Thank you for a lovely review. I am delighted you enjoyed the superb customer service from the staff. I will be sure to share your comments with the team. It sounds like you had a fun long weekend at the Sandman. We hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We found this hotel from a review in the paper and it was a great choice. Convenient location, good amenities for a motel: pool, hot tub, pool bar, fitness room and decent continental breakfast. My only complaint was that some things had been allowed to run empty (water in fitness room, body wash in shower)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

pmacpherson1960,
I am happy to hear you had a very good experience at the Sandman and enjoyed our amenities. I apologize the water in the fitness room and body wash ran out during your visit. I will share your comments with the staff so we make sure it doesn’t happen in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I know most of the hotels burned down in the fires, so it was slim pickings for our weekend in Santa Rosa. The Sandman was questionable, but our stay ended up being pleasant and I’m glad we stayed there rather than a cheaper hotel/motel. I’ve traveled a lot for business so this was definitely a step up. The staff was pretty friendly and accommodating, the rate was definitely affordable, the room was pretty clean, bed comfy and yummy bath products. We had spiders on the walls in our room 2/3 nights, the bathtub looked pretty old with peeling finishes and a white shower head that was turning brown, but the water pressure was good! I can appreciate the remodel, the pretty landscaping and the cute lobby and pool bar. The pool bar is pretty overpriced however and the chips and guacamole were unimpressive. The pool was unheated and not very private, I felt uncomfortable lounging out alone in my bikini because random construction men were hanging out on the lawn nearby. It’s right off the freeway but has a semi nice view of the mountains. There is a delicious cafe right nearby called Piner Cafe which we LOVED. There is no room service, breakfast is really questionable and when I got locked out of our room after a night out the overnight staff was nowhere to be found. I rang the doorbell and called on my cell for 10 minutes and finally someone came out, she said she was in the bathroom. There were also a ton of taxes added to our stay that we were not aware of on the general room rate estimate, making our bill at the end still pretty hefty. Also the walls are super thin and I could hear everything our partied neighbors were saying, when they got home in the middle of the night, etc.

Try the Flamigo instead, or stay in Calistoga if looking for a higher quality hotel. Again though, it was doable for a quick getaway where we were out and about and not really staying in the room.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chloe3674

Chloe3674,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you were underwhelmed by your recent stay. I am glad you found the room clean and enjoyed the comfy bed. We are currently in the process of upgrading all of our showerheads which will completed later this year. We also have plans to renovate the lawn area to add to our guest experience. I hope you will give us another try in the future once the remaining upgrades are complete.