“We had such an amazing time”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Shoein
Annapolis, Maryland
“Nice apartment, Terrible service”
Reviewed 6 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015

I searched Trip Advisor for a place to stay in Santa Monica for the Thanksgiving holiday. I found a description of a place that seemed good. The information said it was managed by Live Luxe. Through Trip Advisor's Inbox, I sent a question asking if cats had been in the apartment. This was never answered. I booked the apartment anyway through Trip Advisor. I didn't see a confirmation of the booking, so I sent another message asking how to book the unit. I got a reply telling me to do so using a Live Luxe link. I did, then got a message that said "Ah, looks as if you've managed. We look forward to welcoming you." Not being sure if this was a confirmation, I sent another message asking if this was my confirmation. Two days later I had not received a response. I messaged again asking if I had a confirmed reservation. The next day I got a message apologizing for the poor communication. I was told Live Luxe only checks their Trip Advisor communications weekly and that I should communicate using their reservations email address. I was told my reservation was confirmed and I should have received a letter immediately after. I did not. Ten days before our stay I emailed to ask when I could expect to receive check-in details. The next day, after not getting a response, I tried calling the number on their website. I was directed to a voice mailbox at a different number than the one I dialed and it was full. I tried several times over the next couple of days. I finally got a message that I would get the information 7-10 days before arrival. I never did. After several more requests, what I got was a blunt message telling me to refer to their website for check-in information. At least I then knew where to go to get the keys. When I got there, I was presented a contract that stated I was not paying to rent an apartment through them, I was contracting for a concierge service. Not sure why.. The information packet they gave me is full of admonishments against, and associated fines for, speaking to any management company personnel or other residents at the building. The directions about how to get through two security gates was incorrect. I figured it out. The apartment was nice, but one of the toilets wouldn't flush. A text message and an email went unanswered, and a phone call went to a mysterious voicemail in a foreign language. After I sent a frustrated text I got a text that said "which toilet?" Two days later, still no further replies or service on the clogged toilet. Finally, someone came, unannounced, to fix it. Twice. Still not working when we left. I did get my security deposit back within a day of when I was told to expect it. In summary, it's a nice apartment, and is as pictured and described. However, do not expect anything except poor service from Live Luxe. They're awful to deal with. Hard to imagine they consider themselves a concierge service.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The apartment is comfortable and well-appointed.
Liked least: Customer service was awful due to poor communication.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
22 Jan 2017
Hello

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the poor communication and inconsistent or lack of information provided by our company.

Our company utilizes a two-way integration with TripAdvisor. What this means is that everything on our private site, is mirrored on the TripAdvisor site. All rates, availability and communication is suppose to work this way as well. However, the technology was a bit new, and connections did not quite work the way they should which is why you never received your confirmation or check-in instructions, all of which are automatically sent from the system. I can confirm, now, that all has been amended.

The reason we had not received your calls is due to a 24 hour answering service we had employed at the time. The idea was for the calls to route to this service when our main office line went unanswered, to avoid guests not receiving an answer from a human being. The system failed miserably and all our call were routed whether or not we were in the office. It took quite sometime to figure out why this was happening, however, as soon as we did, we rectified the issue immediately.

As for the poor follow up with guest services, this was investigated as well and we have retrained staff on proper etiquette and revised protocol to ensure that no guest service requests are missed and that all are responded to within the hour. We do our best to have someone there within 24 hrs for standard request and immediately for emergency situations.

Lastly, our message may have been misconstrued with regards to conversing with residents and office staff. We haven't an issue with your communicating with them. We simply requests that you contact us with regards to any defects or requests as you have arranged your accommodation with us, opposed to the building. The building does not provide concierge services such as recommendations, reservations, laundry, etc. Often times guest assume that the office is there to service them, which in fact it is not. This results in the office receiving heavy traffic from our guests, which interrupts their day to day activity, so they have requested that we inform guest accordingly. As for the neighbors, casual conversation is not an issue. However, many neighbors feel a sense of insecurity when unfamiliar faces are met in the hall with questions of uncertainty regarding operating the locks, location of amenities, facilities, parking etc.

For this purpose, we make ourselves readily available for all questions and concerns. We also provide a detailed booklet with all pertinent information.

Again, I would like to extend my most heartfelt apologies for the infractions encountered and do hope that in spite of it all, you were able to enjoy your visit. Should your travels bring you to the area in the future, I truly hope that you give us the opportunity to recovery from this poor experience.
Almania
“We had such an amazing time”
Reviewed 25 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

The apartment is good overall. My family and i loved the place. The only problem was there are only two bathrooms.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing