Reviews (2 729)
2 729 results
1 544
1 544
All reviews fig restaurant fig tree ocean tower bungalow bar lobby lounge street promenade beautiful property concierge desk car service the santa monica pier beverly hills los angeles valet parking ocean front exhale palisades wilshire
681 - 686 of 2 729 reviews
Reviewed 17 October 2016

The overall feeling you have when on the property takes you away from your daily troubles, and transports you to a time/experience you could only dream about! The experience and excellent staff are there to make sure all of your needs an wants are tended to.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Stephanie B, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2016

stevecG5960LA,

Thank you so much for the 5 stars! The Miramar is truly a magical place and I am so thrilled you were able to enjoy it and savor the experience. Thanks as well for the kind words about our staff, I am so glad they were able to help make this stay a memorable one.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

This is always our first choice when staying in Santa Monica. Service is fantastic, housekeeping is the best...our room, as well as the entire resort, always smells fresh and clean. Beautiful views from the rooms. We sometimes request facing Santa Monica Pier, but opposite direction is beautiful as well. Very nice restaurant and room service. Within walking distance to lots of sites, including Third Street Promenade & shopping.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

tag-about,

Thank so very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed yourself- thanks for your kind words about...everything! From the room, views, food, and staff, I am so happy that we checked every box. We cannot wait for your return!

Reviewed 16 October 2016

When I want to get away from it all, I decide where I want to go and what I want to see. Then I choose a hotel or motel as close to that as I can.

One of my staff had stayed at the Miramar a couple of years ago and recommended the bungalows. This was a good start. It was right in the middle of all the attractions of Santa Monica. The hotel was a bit pricy but I figured that it would be worth it arriving on a Saturday.

When we arrived, it took almost 10 minutes for the desk to acknowledge us. We also had to wend our way around 5 limos that blocked the front enterance.

While we waited, we walked around the beautiful foyer and found the elevator but couldn't find anyone that could describe how we could find the bungalows.

I had to prompt her for information about where the lifts were, what the arrangements for breakfast were and where the pool was. When we finally got checked in, we walked around and almost couldn't get through the throng of people attending a wedding party. (Never go on a Saturday)

We loved the room, and the staff were pretty nice but stressed out. I'd try it again but during the week.

Room tip: Keep away from the bungalows during the weekend. Too many party goers making too much noise.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

David_DeMulle,

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience. I am so sorry that we were not able to exceed your expectations. Our business levels should never impact how each guest is treated and welcomed and I sincerely apologize that this was not the case. We truly look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back to the Miramar the right way, and give you a chance to get exactly what you came for.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

This is a lovely hotel. The amenities are excellent. It's right on the ocean and about a mile walk to the pier. Beautiful location; I was charged for a breakfast which was included; AM working that out.

Room tip: All rooms have an ocean view
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Sonni H,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and am sincerely sorry for the billing error- I do hope this was rectified for you. We look forward to your return.

Best,

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

My son and his fiancé booked two rooms at the Fairmont in Santa Monica to think about making a wedding room block this coming May. Unfortunately the power was out for 45 minutes and we had to spend a couple of hours walking around Santa Monica, not able to take advantage of the beautiful amenities such as having dinner at the hotel or a drink around the pool. With a rate of $500 a night per room, and such a disappointing evening, I contacted the manager asking if there would be some sort of credit. Instead of receiving great customer service you would expect from this level of hotel, I spoke with a very caustic manager. I have never written a bad review online ever, but unfortunately want to warn you the high-priced rates for this hotel are not worth it. And unfortunately, I will never return to the Fairmont Miramar again. I am thankful we came to check it out ahead of time before making a wedding block commitment.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Stephanie B, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2016

Shirley Kay S,

I am so terribly sorry for the way your issue was handled by our team. Unfortunately, the 45-minute power outage was city-wide and leaves our property with little to do in terms of rectifying the situation at hand. I hope you can understand our frustration at trying to run an operation and satisfy our guests who were understand are paying money for a flawless experience.

That being said, the way your request was handled is simply not up to our standards and I sincerely apologize that this stay was marred in such a way that you feel so strongly as to not return. You are correct that this should have been handled differently. We would very much like the opportunity to amend this with you- please feel free to contact me directly at stephanie.berman@fairmont.com - I would very much like to discuss this further.