DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$366
  • Beachfront
US$188
US$163
ComfortInn
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$177
US$335
US$301
  • Pool
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
US$621
US$503
  • Pool
Casa del Mar(Santa Monica)
US$724
1 025
1 189
1 025
1 189
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookieshigh schoolstreet promenadevalet parkingsofa bedseparate bedroomshort walkcivic centerwithin walking distanceliving areaper dayking suitethird floorshopping areafew blocksvalet service
FilterAll languages
15 - 20 of 2 773 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We’ve been at lots of DoubleTrees and although this one was a bit expensive, we thought the location would be worth it. Nope! The hotel is outdated, the housekeeping very poor, and our requests had to be made multiple times (only some we’re ultimately taken care of). Just a few examples...
Dishes sitting outside elevator for days
Patches in wallpaper
Hard (old) mattresses
Mold on bath wall
A tiny garbage can only in bathroom
No glasses in bathroom
No blanket for baby crib
Safe didn’t work
Requested enough towels for all of us on reservation AND in advance by phone - still didn’t have them when we arrived
Asked for extra blankets for toddler in advance - didn’t get them and when they were finally brought over they were damp

We won’t be returning!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Brian M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear happycouple 65,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I appreciate your feedback as this is a great tool for us to constantly improve our guest’s experience. I have shared your list with my team and they are working to assure this type of experience isn’t repeated. Please know that this type of experience is extremely rare for us as the hundreds of other reviews speak to but we will be making appropriate changes to assure every guests experience exceeds expectations.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will give us a chance to take care of you in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Price should be proportional to value offered. While there are locational advantages of this hotel, it probably doesn't eliminate the need of service or accommodation quality. Eventually travelers have to understand whether staying at Santa Monica even at the cost of poor quality of stay more important than staying a few miles away and commuting to Santa Monica. To me the later would be more preferable given the cost and quality of this place. Overall I find Santa Monica over hyped to enable really poor hotels to charge really high fees. Pacific coast has many other great beaches with decent accommodation, less crowd and better overall experience. Also the hotel has poor accounting/ billing practice which may add to the inconvenience in addition to the normal stress of traveling. So overall alternative recommendation over staying here would be, staying at a nearby better property in LA and go to Santa Monica for whatever your reasons of traveling there

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Andrew,
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. Our team takes great pride in providing all of our guests a restful and relaxing stay and I am so sorry that you didn’t get to experience the hospitality that all of our other reviews speak to. I will check with my accounting team to see what went wrong with your billing as our accounting practices are universal with Hilton and most other hotel chains.
I hope you will give us a chance in the future to take care of you on your next visit to Santa Monica.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We picked this hotel for the price, and location in the area of the Santa Monica Pier and the promenade. It was so crowded on the Pier and all the restaurants on the weekends I would not recommend going there on weekends but weekdays are more worth it. The traffic around there is terrible, you could survive with Lyft easily and skip renting a car. Parking is very high at the Hilton but cheap across the street only $5.00 for 24 hours. This Hilton is nice but there is no breakfast that comes with the room and the rooms are pricey. They do have small kitchens and we went to store and bought food and coffee. I do not ever plan to return to Santa Monica but if I do I would stay here again. You can walk to the beach and it is quieter then being right at the beach like the Wyndam.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your time here in Santa Monica. We do have a great location and our rooms are extra large assuring plenty of room to stretch out and relax before venturing out to see all the sites Santa Monica has to offer.
We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here due to its convenient location for the LA marathon. The buses to the start are 2 blocks away. The finish line is only a few blocks from the hotel. It is within a short walk to all attractions in Santa Monica. Everything was perfect except for WiFi access (I was not able to access during the stay). The check-in was quick. Room was clean and spacious. Service was friendly. I plan to stay here again next year.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Brian M, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Joe,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Congratulations on running the marathon. And yes, we do have a fantastic location, close to the beach, promenade, world famous Santa Monica Pier, and the LA Marathon finish line. My apologies for the wifi issue. I will have the team check to see what went wrong.
Thank you for staying with us at the DoubleTree Santa Monica and we look forward to having you back for the 2019 Marathon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for the LA marathon in March. Great location. Buses to the start are around the corner, the train downtown to the expo is less than two blocks away, and you finish just a couple of blocks from there. Happy to have stayed here. Clean rooms, nice staff. Comfy beds for a race and super quiet. Would totally stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

What wonderful comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with us. I will be sure to share this with our staff that prides themselves in providing a first class experience for all our guests.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you back again next year for the Marathon.