All reviews great location front desk the santa monica pier private balcony valet parking restaurants and bars awesome hotel few minutes walk street promenade boutique hotel room was clean and comfortable early check cleaning staff great shopping top floor would definitely stay here again valet service
Reviewed 28 January 2018

We had an ocean front room with deck. Although room and deck are on the small side, it was great to sit on the deck and watch the sunset. View of the ocean was a definite plus. Room was clean and serviceable. All staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Definitely get an ocean view.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SJF47
Gisela S, General Manager at Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate the great feedback and are happy to hear that you enjoyed the sunset from our ocean view room. Thank you for mentioning the friendly service of our staff - we always strive to ensure that our guests have memorable experiences with us. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Having read a few iffy reviews after booking this hotel I was worried it would be a disappointment, but I can only assume they were old reviews. I booked a room with sea view and it really was a great view including a fabulous sunset. Some reviews suggested there was noise from the street but I didn't find this. The room wasn't enormous but very comfortable, with simple good-smelling toiletries, bathrobes, plenty of towels and facecloths, magnifying mirror and hair dryer. There was a good supply of coffee and tea capsules for the drinks machine.
I found one older member of staff on the desk slightly cool, but everyone else was extremely friendly and helpful. When I checked into my room I found a tray of cookies, macaroons and soft fruits, with a card to say I'd been chosen as their guest of the day, which was a lovely surprise - and presumably someone gets that treat every day. I was very early to check in so they were happy to store my luggage until check-in time, and again for the day when I checked out. I can't imagine any sea front Santa Monica is cheap, but I really appreciated that this one was fairly small and personal.
No restaurant but plenty of choices around, and very useful to have an ATM in the building.
Overall I really liked the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank foracle

Thank you so much for your time and review. We are so glad you enjoyed being our "Guest of the Day"! We appreciate all the nice comments and are so happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 17 January 2018

My Daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights and when arrived we were told that for some reason her booking didn't go through but the guy at the reception was so lovely he assured us that although we would not get our original booking we would be guaranteed a room. The hotel was a boutique hotel, clean, neat and staff were super efficient. It is right across from the Ocean and around the corner from shops, cafes and restaurants. We would definitely consider staying here again. The rooms were super clean as was the entire hotel. The beds were super comfortable and very large and roomy as was the bathroom! So different to Hotel Victor in Miami!!!

Room Tip: The room we got was super large, comfortable and clean as was the bathroom
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Frustrated255060
Gisela S, General Manager at Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such positive feedback! We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with us. We appreciate your comments about our clean and comfortable rooms, location and especially our amazing staff. We strive to create exceptional experiences for our guests and are so happy to hear that we made a lasting impression. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I have never stayed here (or in Santa Monica) before. This is a nice hotel across the street from the ocean. There may be rooms with an ocean view but mine didn't have it. My room looked out on the parking courtyard which is where many of the rooms face. When I entered, the windows were open which was nice because of the fresh ocean air. Trash pickup or some commercial equipment was in the parking lot at 7:30 am the next morning and backing up with that annoying klaxon. They started power-washing the parking area not long after that. I was up before this started but if you want to sleep in, I would suggest you close the windows at night. The room was very nice. The front desk was staffed with one person who seemed nice and more interested in the computer screen in front of them than the customer. There is no restaurant in the hotel but there is one conveniently next door and another across the street from that one. This place is ok but I probably wouldn't book here again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
6  Thank rhctraveler

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the location. However, we are so sorry about the noise and your experience with the Front Desk. We strive to provide exceptional service and sincerely apologize for the not so welcoming experience at arrival. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly and we will ensure that your next experience will be a better one. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

We had a room with a balcony over looking the ocean it was fabulous to sit and watch the sun set across the ocean and then to our left to watch the pier light up. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The hotel was very clean, our room was a comfortable size with plenty of storage for clothes etc. and surprisingly quiet considering its location on Ocean Ave.
We didn't feel we were missing anything with the hotel not having a bar or restaurant as all of these were available from right next door and it was only a 6 minute walk into the heart of the shopping area with great stores and plenty of choices for all types of cuisine from a quick grab and go panni or Taco to a full al a carte dinner.

Room Tip: Pay the extra small amount to have a Ocean View room with balcony at the front.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank karenjwilson27

Thank you so much for your amazing review. We really appreciate your time and feedback. It is so nice to hear that you were able to enjoy the fabulous ocean view sunset and experience the great service of our team. Thank you for your comments about the clean room and overall stay. We hope to see you again soon!