“Quick drink on the water”

Water Grill Santa Monica
Reserve with OpenTable
Water Grill Santa Monica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 778 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Description: For over 20 years, Water Grill has sated the palates of fish lovers. From the moment it opened, this flagship downtown restaurant from King's Seafood Company has satisfied the need for a world-class fish eatery in Los Angeles. Hailed as "the best seafood in Southern California" by the internationally recognized Zagat Guide, Water Grill has consistently offered dazzling fish preparations of superior quality and freshness
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped by to have a drink with a view of the ocean. The Ocean Avenue is worth trying. Very relaxed atmosphere with a white cloth level of food. We will have dinner here the next time we are in town. Service was great.

Date of visit: June 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1 112)

57 - 61 of 1 113 reviews

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We went for an early lunch and we're so disappointed in the quality of the seafood relative to the price. The restaurant was not sill and we still waited a while for our meal. Our server was not knowledgeable about the menu.

We had salads and fish entrees and our bill before tax was $167. We had no alcohol - Just water! The "fresh" fish I had was charged by the pound so for the 1.6lbs of fish I was charged for, I received 3 ounces, maybe 4 ounces of edible fish for $62. To make matters worse, I am not entirely sure it was fresh as it did smell a little off. I complained to the manager and he gave me a reduction on the bill which is why I am leaving two stars instead of one.

When this place opened, it was amazing and fresh. It was great to have a fresh fish place in LA where you can see the ocean but the quality and the service have gone way down hill.

1  Thank karendU3998WG
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Having waited outside why the hostess chatted away for 10 minutes with the guests in front of us, who didn’t have reservations. To not telling the host our name and reservation, to being seated by the bathroom. Then ordering my entree and asking for my tuna medium rare and being told it can only be prepared rare, and the host not explaining why. To it coming out as 4 paper thin pieces of tuna uncooked. Terrible!! If I wanted sushi I would have ordered it. Tuna as an entree is not sushi as an entree. Only after complaining did they take it off the bill. By then the evening was ruined.

1  Thank 313freddya
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

In good weather open windows
You don’t have much view to the ocean but you are close
The waiter was very prof
The fish is nice although not big portion and no much side dish
Very good desert wine: Tokaj

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped for dinner based on reputation and recommendation. Ordered scallops nicely seared but surprised when served only three for almost $40. No sides without paying extra. Wife’s mahi-mahi also cooked nicely. Small portions for a high price. Room was loud and hard to hold a conversation. Final verdict: overpriced, small portions, save your money unless you want some where to be seen.

2  Thank svdalumni