Reviews (3 395)
3 395 results
2 087
2 087
All reviews privacy screen glass wall the santa monica pier great location blue plate taco garden view modern hotel partial ocean view pool and hot tub street promenade glass of champagne ocean front upon check valet parking randall marilyn brittany
23 - 28 of 3 395 reviews
Reviewed 17 February 2019 via mobile

The Shore Hotel looks from the front to be a cool and high spec place to stay on Ocean Drive. Sadly it fell a little short for me. The initial greeting wasn’t warm and friendly, the lobby was cold and not terribly comfortable, there is no well established bar or restaurant and the only room service is at breakfast. I stayed for 4 days and really felt by the end that I hadn’t been given value for money. However, When I did voice my concerns to the management they couldn’t have been more helpful and eager to make amends. Tyrone and Brittney were especially helpful and I would like to thank them for saving me from completely hating the whole 4 days.
I suggest that the owners of Shore Hotel take a serious look at the service they offer and look at the comfort of places like Shutters and Casa Del Mar etc. For the cost of 4 days at The Shore I would have preferred just 2 at the afore mentioned.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank bethst50
Tom R, Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear bethst50,

Thank you for staying at the Shore Hotel.

I apologize our Food and Beverage is limited after breakfast and not what you expected. We appreciate your review and suggestions. We continue to improve every day and your feedback is key in directing our efforts.
We have new menu items rolling out soon as well.

Great to hear Tyrone and Brittney were especially helpful.

Our bar is usually outside adjacent to the pool but in the colder winter months and with the rain as of late we have it indoors.

Reviewed 13 February 2019

Nicely appointed, modern style rooms right in the middle of everything! I enjoyed my stay and slept well in a comfortable bed. The hotel is within walking distance of mall shopping, eats of all types, and the famous Santa Monica Pier!

Date of stay: February 2019
Tom R, Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2019

Dear Todd B,

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Shore Hotel. Great to hear you enjoyed everything.

Reviewed 13 February 2019

Efficient, friendly, clean, well-located, and with visible eco-friendly practices, the Shore Hotel offered me terrific rest during a business trip. Every staff member I encountered was thoughtful and authentic in greeting me.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RobertoGJr, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2019

Dear Renierk,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at Shore Hotel. We're ecstatic to know every staff member you encountered was thoughtful and authentic as we believe personalized customer service comes first. We are proud of our eco-friendly property and are committed to protecting and conserving our environmental resources as well. Please feel free to reach out to me or anyone of our staff so that we may assist you in booking your next stay at Shore Hotel!

Warmest Regards,
Roberto G.

Green Fact of the Day: Shore Hotel maintains a reduced overall water usage of 40% of a normal building our size.

Reviewed 10 February 2019 via mobile

The Shore’s Staff is on Point! They are extremely caring and serviceable. All of their staff, in specific-“Veronica”, were very helpful at check-in. They completely laid out the “to-do” activities nearby. They also guided us to the complete amenities in the hotel. Staff was concerned to assist us with an “Ocean-View” room and gave us many options. The night ended up being an amazing night, with free champaigne at check-in and they even included a “free upgrade” to a room with an awesome ocean view! If you are looking for great service, this is the hotel to look for! Totally worth it!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tom R, Front Office Manager at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2019

Good Afternoon ccbc21,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review your experience.

Great to hear our team was so helpful and thank you for mentioning Veronica.

Reviewed 9 February 2019 via mobile

The Shore Hotel is in the perfect location! Check in was easy and we were able to check in early which was greatly appreciated. We were having problems with the air conditioner and Manuel quickly came to our room and fixed the problem. He was very professional and friendly. He even returned and gave us chocolates which was so nice. The staff was great and helpful. We stayed in one of the rooms with a full ocean view and we enjoyed it so much. We would definitely return and stay here.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RobertoGJr, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2019

Dear YogaGirl201550,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Shore Hotel! We appreciate your 5-Star review and are ecstatic we were able to turn your stay around to your satisfaction. Please let us know whenever you are in the Santa Monica area! We would love to host your stay with us again.

Warmest Regards,
Roberto G.

Green Fact of the Day: Shore Hotel's high efficiency boiler heats water faster using less energy.