“Good food, great service!”
Review of Ideal Bar & Grill

Ideal Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Ideal Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 406 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Spent and enjoyable evening here with my son. Wait staff was lovely. Salmon was perfectly done (thank you for not overcoming!). I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

This place is coasting on its location alone. We sat for almost 20 minutes before anyone came by (a stream of waitresses kept saying someone would be by to give us water and menus). We were one of only a few groups in the dining room, and there were many waitresses who seemed to be focused on serving tables on the patio. I finally went to the bar and asked for water and menus, but it was another 10 minutes before the waitress came. The food was bad and so not worth the high prices. My salad with salmon was made with old, wilted ice berg lettuce and the smallest, hardest, incredibly salty piece of salmon caked in a slimy sauce, and my daughter ordered totally mediocre tacos (stale tortillas and gummy fish) and a lemonade, which turned out to be room temperature Minute Maid. Our waitress went missing again and none of the other waitresses would help when I asked if I could get ice in my daughter's drink. I had to go to the bar AGAIN and the bartender apologized and said she'd find us some help. When our waitress finally came back, it was clear someone had said something to her. She just wordlessly layed the check on the table and walked away. Maybe this is a good spot for a beer or drink, but the food and service were genuinely terrible.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Had the claim chowder, outstanding

Went next morning and had the breakfast burrito which was excellent

Perfect location and good prices

Reviewed 23 June 2018

The room is the draw here. We ate on the patio with wonderful views of the Boardwalk and Pier. On a warm day with a soft breeze I cannot imagine a more comfortable spot. There is also indoor seating and a bar that featured karaoke on Sunday. The service was fine. Experienced servers working a large number of tables slowed things a bit, but we were treated well and it looked like everyone else experienced the same. The food, regretfully, was a mixed bag. Expensive for routine beach comfort food, but you have to pay for the wonderful view. The chowder and nachos were well received. My mixed plate of fried seafood was largely overdone. Although I must say that the serving of fried calamari was generous. We’ll return to Ideal, but more likely for drinks and appetizers.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

This was the BEST food I have had in SC, and thats alot. The atmosphere is inviting and sitting out on the patio and night is SO relaxing and beautiful. The service is amazing. My new favorite go to in SC.
Hoping to go back for our anniversary dinner in July.