Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Steps to the Beach!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

New Jersey
“Tricked by photos”
Reviewed 29 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

I really took my time in writing this review. It was weighing on my mind and after I received and email I realized why I was bothered by the property. The property is in a great location. The staff was kind. The breakfast was satisfactory and convenient. My daughter and I enjoyed the wine and cheese during the evening.
The other guests seemed to be happy with the accommodations. At the time there was a family there for a wedding and another family from Italy. The property is in walking distance of the train station, beach, State Street and other restaurants.
My problem came when I reviewed the original pictures of the property. Any New Yorker would envy the size of this one bedroom apartment. It had a king size bed in the bedroom and a queen size in the living area and there was still space for a desk two chairs, an ottoman and a coffee table. It just did not look like the pictures. Our room number 11 just looked like grandma's apartment that has not been upgraded since she moved in.
Was the place clean, yes.
So I was disappointed because I believe I got the switch-a-roo when it came to my room. The other rooms may look like the photos but mine did not.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Wine and Cheese
Liked least: The room does not match the pictures at all.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
travel4ev...
san francisco, ca
“Be warned - dishonest listing”
Reviewed 28 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

The pictures you see here of the rooms and bathroom and kitchen are not accurate.

The unit I stayed at looked nothing like this. It was very run down and un-kept place.

The bed squeaked so much that there is no way you could be intimate without all your neighbors hearing you.

The front door didn't lock properly so if you were not careful you could lock it and someone would just need to push it to open the door. You could see that they must have had issues with the door because you see the traces of where other locks used to be.

The downstairs neighbors fought like cats and dogs starting at 7 am using extremely fowl language. So if you would like your alarm clock to be your neighbors fighting at the top of their lungs then you want to stay here.

At night a train goes by and wakes you up in the middle of the night.

The free parking on the street is also not completely accurate. Yes, it is free but you need to get a permit from the front desk prior 10 10 am so if you wanted to relax and not use an alarm clock in the morning because you are on vacation that won't work b/c if you don't get the permit before 10 am you will get a ticket. This is on Saturday and Sundays. I don't know about other days of the week.

When I tried to change my room the lady I booked this rental from Tia used such fowl language with me and was so rude that I actually had to hang up on her which I have never done in my entire life.

I could go on and on but I think you get the picture.

Oh also, this is not an apartment complex it's part of the Villa Rosa property. If you look up Villa Rosa you will get to read true reviews and not the fake ones that Tia will share with you.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It's close to the beach
Liked least: the room and in particular the bed was horrible
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing