“THE EGGPLANT WAS AMAZING”

OPPI'Z Bistro and Natural Pizza
Reserve a table
Sat, 05/15
20:00
OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #157 of 519 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Description: OPPI'Z is a modern, nonconventional Italian bistro and pizzeria concept, still rooted into the tradition of the Italian cuisine and to the "Slow-food" manifesto, but absolutely far away from any stereotyped model offered by most of the Italian-sounding restaurants in the USA.
Reviewed 5 April 2021

There seem to be an abundant amount of Italian restaurants in this area - not quite sure why. Anyway, we picked this one as we were walking down State Street. Our server was great and very attentive on this busy afternoon. We ordered the eggplant stack appetizer and I would eat it every day if I could. It was amazing. We also ordered a gluten free pizza. The crust was very good but we just picked the wrong toppings. We had the pear and cheese. It came with walnuts on top which was just wrong and it lacked a bit of flavor. But I would go back again and try other things. But that eggplant.....oh yeah!!!

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (19)

Reviewed 2 January 2021

In the year of the pandemic, they were open for takeout only, and we were amazed at deliciousness of the food. We ordered the Arugula Salad, which had a really nice lemon vinaigrette. My husband ordered the Braised Beef with corn polenta. He loved it.
I ordered the Halibut and it was one of the best I've ever had. To follow that up, we chose the chocolate caprese cake. Cake was really tasty, topping was okay.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank Siempreviajo
Reviewed 14 November 2020

Excellent service and friendly staff, tasty pizzas and the dough is so damn good! 10/10 overall the dough is one the best I've tasted so far.

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank Omfe
Reviewed 13 August 2020 via mobile

My hubby and I stopped for lunch during a recent visit to Santa Barbara. State Street is blocked off for outdoor dining and the weather was perfect.
We started with the black bruschetta which was so good. Loaded with lots of fresh tomatoes and drizzled with olive oil. We shared the Arma salad and Carbonara for lunch. Everything we ordered was fresh and delicious. We would definitely recommend and will return on our next visit.

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank k_loewen
Reviewed 10 June 2020 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch mid week. Black crusted pizza was definitely the draw. Something different but also sure to please my pizza loving 11 yr old. And it was fantastic! We also appreciated the variety on the menu- wonderful pasta, a large selection of salads, and a delicious lunch grilled salmon with black rice, veggies and a basil cream sauce. YUM! Everything was high quality and service was great. Food is not heavy and very flavorful. They are following all the social distancing guidance and I hope this place does well.

Date of visit: June 2020