“Trout: NO”

Bluewater Grill - Santa Barbara
Ranked #226 of 576 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This place was packed when we arrived around 7:00 pm and we opted to be seated in the bar. Mistake. Incredibly loud to the point where my ears were ringing when we left.

My wife ordered the rainbow trout and after eating about half she handed the rest to me. It was overcooked and I noticed a very bad odor. We did not eat the rest. That evening and into the next day she has extreme gastro-intestinal upset. Avoid this item.

Oysters were small and insubstantial

On the other hand, my lobster was excellent and cooked to perfection. The veggies were also cooked well. The service was top notch.

We come to SB on a regular basis and will come back to this place, but would want to be seated upstairs and would obviously check our food a little more carefully before we tucked in.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Recently tried the new Bluewater Grill in Santa Barbara. Went for happy hour on a Wednesday, restaurant was jumpin', service was (almost too) attentive, happy hour selections were copious, delicious, and very reasonably priced. The newly remodeled space is very attractive but I just wish there had been room for more outdoor tables. I'll be back, and I look forward to trying the lunch and dinner menus.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Not ready for prime time. Best to stay away until they get their act together on a number of fronts.

1  Thank LifeProfessor
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Service is awesome. Food really good and price nice also. Really good experience. Is a new restaurant and looks really good. From outside the lighthouse is really nice and inside is modern stile

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

We sat at the bar upstairs, wonderful view and great service from Pedro, a true professional. Nice fresh oysters from Washington State, whole grilled branzino, nice wine selection. What’s not to like!