“Nice meal”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #96 of 255 Restaurants in San Rafael
Cuisines: American
Description: It occurs often to me that what travellers might occasionally want is a small place whee they can be comfortable...no fancy dress-up places nor waiting lines and major domo types standing gueard over seating. In my neighborhood is such a reastuarant, easily found at the west end of the main street. San Rafael is not necessarily "country-town America" but the elements are there...excellent coffee, consistantly satisfying meals and a manager who's comfortable in his job and so are the other members of his "crew". They serve quickly and happily and the prices are reasonable with specials for seniors. I love breakfasts at IHOP.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Stopped on a Tuesday evening for dinner while visiting in the area. The restaurant was not busy and our waiter seemed to be doing everything except cook.

My teens wanted breakfast for dinner and we have had success with IHOP in the past. Meal was very good, kids had special pancakes: Tres Leches & Belgian Dark Chocolate Mouse; I had a short stack of buttermilk, and my wife had the Garden Omelette. Food was very good, service was outstanding.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

It has been along time since I have been to IHOP in San Rafael. My husband asked if I like to go out to breakfast, and I suggested IHOP as I had a coupon for a free meal.
We were warmly greeted by Samantha, our waitress, and promptly seated. Samantha took our drink orders, and I was happy to see the large pot of hot water. If you are a tea drinker you will understand my meaning.
After looking over the extensive menu, I decided on the ham, eggs and hash browns. It also came with two pancakes, which I took home, as this was a combination breakfast. It was very good, and I asked for really crispy hash browns
which I received. My husband had the double blueberry pancakes. It was about four or five pancakes with blueberries inside, blueberry compote on top, with a dollop of whip cream and powder sugar.
He added the blueberry syrup on top, and enjoyed his breakfast!
The prices were very reasonable. With tea and a tomato juice, our total price before our coupon discount was $30.58.
With our coupon it was $20.24. Which if you live in the area, or if visiting, and you shop at our Safeway store on B Street in San Rafael, you could find on the back of your receipt the coupon I used for a free meal.
It was a nice way to start our day.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Whilst visiting San Rafael we had a great experience at the local iHOP. The restaurant was very well presented, clean and tidy. Service was fast. It wasn't long before our meals arrived. The orange juice was excellent and our three meals were very enjoyable. We very much enjoyed our visit to this iHOP. And all at a very reasonable prices.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

My buddy and I were visiting Marin 47 years after we graduated. A lot of our old haunts are now closed or under new ownership, so we had breakfast at this IHOP. We had to wait maybe 20-30 minutes getting seated. There were plenty of empty tables, so perhaps one of the servers didn't show up, but the wait was worth it. The coffee tasted good, and the food was consistent with other IHOP locations I've visited. Our server did a good job taking care of us at the table.

Reviewed 27 December 2016

We are tourists to the Muir Woods area and found this iHop open. It was packed with guests and it was definitely hoping. Hard to navigate through dining room with so many people - this is probably not the norm.

My soup was room temp. Breakfast food they had on point and service was great - staff friendly and helpful.

Was happy to find them open. Not sure if we would return; went here in a pinch.