All reviews energy bars breakfast facility grab and go front desk staff rooms are clean foster city ruby safeway business stove rates freeway
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Worst extended stay ever! Have been using ESA for over 10 years and this is by far the worst location on earth! The employees rent out the hotel rooms to homeless people and junkies so they can make a little side money! All the rooms are infested with mold and bedbugs. The maids/cleaning service left a crack pipe in my room by accident! The staff at the front desk will beg you a thousand times to write reviews so they can get more hours. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this location! Trust me it’s not worth the trouble, the female manager is a scam artist & my entire 2 month Stay was a living nightmare. I’m still in disbelief after what I experienced!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Brandon D
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to leave feedback. We are sorry that you had an unpleasant experience. Our housekeeping supervisor has been made aware of your concerns, and we will be addressing this with our entire cleaning staff. We are committed to providing a clean and fresh guest suite for every incoming guest, and we are sorry that this was not your experience. Additionally, please know that we have strict policies and procedures in place to prevent pest control issues. However, we would appreciate additional information to identify the room you occupied so we may properly investigate and follow up if needed. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope you will consider giving us another chance to make a better impression in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I love staying at the Extended Stay America's. It gives me everything I need. It has a full refrigerator, microwave and 2 burners. It has a good laundry facility and is close to all my shopping needs. The staff is very friendly and they accommodate my needs. I get a great rate that is much cheaper per night than all the other hotels.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Thank you for making Extended Stay America your home away from home. We are delighted to know you were overwhelmed not only with our outstanding hospitality and convenient location but also with the value we offer. Reviews such as yours mean a lot! Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

This was my first time ever staying at an Extended Stay and it was not what i expected.The front desk clerk was unprofessional when i fell. The clerk stated " the wind knocked me over" and brushed off what happened.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
1  Thank timmaneyalexisk
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We are sorry for the unpleasant experience with one of our associates. We value your feedback and will use it to make sure we are more consistent in our service delivery. We hope you consider staying with us again as we would welcome the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

This is my home away from home, the staff here treats me like family! Of particular mention are Rubian and Denise at the front desk, they just go out of their way to make sure my every need is met. The whole staff at ESA San Mateo are very friendly, accommodating and personable . I highly recommend this location!

Room Tip: Follow the staffs recommendations as they know the property best !
Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America and for taking the time to write a review about your wonderful experience. It was a pleasure to read that our team provided such great service and made your stay special. We will share your compliments with the entire team especially Rubian and Denise. Reviews such as yours mean a lot! Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Value for money, excellent service. Friendly managers and extremely satisfied with the stay... Being a corporate emp, I have already recommended this to my team and started sharing the feed back. Nice job folks !!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Jagadeesha, it is a pleasure to read your fantastic review of Extended Stay America. We strive to provide our guests outstanding hospitality, and your compliments serve as encouragement to all of us. Thanks for the recommendation to future guests, and we hope to be your hotel of choice every time you visit this area.