“Fun spot; great menu!”
Review of Wursthall

Wursthall
Ranked #125 of 423 Restaurants in San Mateo
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited this very popular place with family, and we all loved our meals! I’m not usually a big fan of German potato salad, but theirs was excellent. Our various wursts were tasty, too. Lots of beers available, and the hard apple cider was a good option for someone who’s not crazy about beer.
We’ll be back:)

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Service was friendly and prompt although my waiter brought me a liter rather than a much smaller citrus IPA and hadn't bothered to ask beforehand, but our bill was rectified when I pointed that out. The W U R S T however is what you come to this eatery for because it's absolutely delicious though not inexpensive at $16 for casual food--but your palate will discern quality ingredients. My husband said the flavors were clean, meaning no fillers or additives. He ordered the Bratwurst with the sauerkraut--which I tasted and found scrumptious, and I loved loved loved my Sheboygan with that awesome split top buttered griddled bun...I think my sausage was flavored with mace, celery seed and white pepper and I ordered it topped with the speck cherry pepper relish. We started with the pickled vegetables which I thought were just MEH though I appreciated the variety of carrots, cucumbers and fennel. There are sides too of a large mixed green salad dressed with a very citrusy vinaigrette and German style potato salad, meaning no mayo, just vinegar and mustard. We were full, and so I totally aim to come back to try the chicken schnitzel sandwich as well as the Thuringer bratwurst.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Wursthall is a German American restaurant with exciting food.
They offer great wursts and other fare with salads and potato salad.
The beer selection is outstanding and the service is very good.
Portions were large.