Residence Inn by Marriott Dana Point San Juan Capistrano
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsfire pitdana pointparking feeputting greentrain noisebasketball courtfull kitchenfront deskthe ice makerfood truckfitness room ispleasant hotelbbq areadoheny beachsouth orange countycoach housemarriott properties
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Hope you don’t want to make coffee in the room! Disgusting coffee pots. As a platinum elite member I was placed on the room on the noisiest intersection, next to the train. Positive hotel if you have pets, but beware - it smells like it!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Richard W, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Dana Point San Juan Capistrano, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Good Evening Michelle W:
My apologies for your less than perfect experience in our hotel. Our Platinum Members are our most valued guests, I wish I learned about your experience during your stay to have an opportunity to make things right. Our purpose in life is to ensure that all our guests have an amazing experience in our hotel. Please give me a call at the hotel so I can bring some resolution to your very serious concerns.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

In the process of looking for a new home, I choose this property because we were traveling with our pets and obviously didn't want to eat restaurant food everyday. We stayed in two different rooms on this property. The first was a two queen one bedroom suite. We were on the very west end of the building. The room had a slider going outside which was perfect with the dogs. It made it super easy to pop out to potty them as it was right next to the open area for pets. The room itself was typical Residence Inn with kitchen; a two burner cooktop, full size fridge, and a dishwasher. Midway through our stay we changed rooms as the type we were in was no longer available. I was making reservations a week at a time because I wasn't sure how long we would be there. The second room was the two bedroom suite with a full kitchen. It had an electric stove, full size fridge, dishwasher and of course all the dishes, etc. This room was all the way at the other end of the property. Slightly less convenient as there was no outside access from the room but it was right near the building exit. Another very nice room. Large bathrooms and comfortable beds. Breakfast was available every morning with a decent selection of items. Mon-Weds evenings there was a social with food and beer/wine. Very nice to get a glass of wine while doing laundry! They also had a nice little gym and of course, laundry. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The only negative I found was there aren't many restaurants right near the hotel so if you do want to venture out it will require hopping in the car. It is just up the hill from Costco and a grocery store though so that was nice.

Overall we had a great stay and while we probably won't need to stay again since we have moved down here, I would recommend it for travelers or friends coming in.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank riostaraussies
Reviewed 27 January 2018

I love walking into a room where I'm going to sleep and get that airy, clean vibe. I got it here. I, also, love not paying for parking. The staff was professional and the rooms were well appointed. I'll be back!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed during a 3 day weekend and enjoyed the suite. Near it all, and reasonably priced. The full kitchen made it easy to stay in without having to eat out daily. The hotel desk clerk was very nice, and the fire pit was very nice.

We had a free breakfast daily, and the eggs were tasty, We didn’t go in the pool, however, many people did. The basketball court was busy, and the location is out back near comfortable chairs. Police are driving in/out to ensure your safety- I like that. We will stay again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Faith C
Reviewed 19 January 2018

I spent 2 nights at this hotel and was very impressed with the location as well as the rooms. My room was large and nicely laid out. The bed was comfortable and the room cozy! I left at 4am and the front desk offered me a "boxed breakfast", which was very nice (bagel, yogurt, apple). I recommend this hotel to others visiting the area and I'd certainly stay here again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business