“it'll do.”

Adelita's Taqueria
Ranked #226 of 2 310 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went with the family for dinner, we like to try out local spots. This one was ok. not bad but ok.. It seemed very popular since we had a little trouble getting a table. The food was ok but not homemade.Not what I was expecting. We ordered a bean n cheese burrito but no cheese. or very little of it. we could hardly see the cheese. the beans were out of a can. like Rosarita beans... Really?? cause beans are very cheap, the least they could of done was mix can with some homemade beans for a little authentic flavor. ugh. I ordered fajitas. good taste but a bit cold or maybe because we were sitting under a fan. rice was bland...like No Flavor at all. Mrs. Dash please or Chicken Bullion from Costco (bulk) would be helpful to this place. really add some Mexican Flavor. And lastly they were a little slow on picking up/waiting tables.. we couldn't get someone to clean a table we wanted sit at we had to wait until someone else got up and threw out their mess. over all, it will do I guess... ps the Bar was hoppin' if you want to get your drink on.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The room is basic Mexican restaurant. Order at the front and find your own seat. The tables were not well bussed when we visited, but the room was otherwise ok. The twist is the full bar serving up a steady stream of margaritas. I tried the strawberry and it was good. Think cruise ship house specialty with a decent tequila pour. The food was good. I enjoyed my steak burrito and my wife enjoyed her tacos. The inside of my burrito had plenty of produce making it a bit wet for my taste, but it was still good. They have a nice salsa bar as well. Adelita’s is popular for a reason. We might not rush back, but it’s only because there are other burrito joints closer to our house.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

After reading many very positive reviews, including Nextdoor, we were very disappointed in our first dinner experience at Adelitas. We ordered 3 dishes: A combination plate (Tamale & Enchilada), a Chimichanga plate and an order of regular Nachos. None of the dishes were ready at the same time: One of us was halfway thru their meal when then second dish was ready. And the nachos, an appetizer, was the last dish ready after we had eaten a good portion of our meals.

The food itself was disappointing. The meats, pork and beef, in the enchilada and chimichanga, respectively, were either dry or hard. There was very little sauce. In the case of the nachos, most of the beans were at the bottom of the plate beneath the chips.

The bar menu was excellent and the drinks were very good.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit the salsa and chips are a killer deal with a good amount of two kinds of salsa. I wish you have been more chips but it was a good deal. They've got a wide variety of meat choices. We didn't see the salsa and jalapeno bar until afterwards. Nice bar. You order here and then collect it when it's ready. Minimal table service. Reasonable prices, okay parking. fantastic green salsa

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We love Adelina’s Taqueria! Having been patrons since they opened this is one of our go-to spots for a enjoyable meal. The food is always great, the service is always with a smile and the prices are fair. In particular their seafood dishes are really outstanding. They even offer spanish Quinoa! Highly recommended