Reviews (2 569)
2 569 results
1 062
1 062
All reviewsthe grillpresident's clublobby loungemain buildingvalet parkingbeautiful hotelart museummini barroom servicerooftop poolconvention centerfree internetbusiness triprooms are largesilicon valleyenjoyed my stayconference
482 - 487 of 2 569 reviews
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Overall a pleasant stay at The Fairmont in San Jose, the lobby and overall ambience is good. Rooms, bathrooms and the general feel is of an old hotel, can be updated. The beds were on the squishy side. Food and other amenities were good, no complaints.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank RajivT
FairmontSanJose, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Thank you for your great review. We are constantly working to upgrade our rooms to provide the nicest and most luxurious accommodations for our guests. We hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

I was participating in a recruitment event at one of our shows that was playing in San Jose, CA. I only spent one night at the Fairmont but enjoyed my stay very much. I booked the property on Hotwire and got a tremendous deal. The Fairmont is the only 4.5 Star hotel in downtown San Jose, so I was pretty sure of what I was getting when I selected the downtown area on the Hotwire website.

It’s a wonderful and grand old hotel. It is very well preserved, and my room was in excellent condition. It was very spacious and the bathroom had a separate tub and shower configuration. The room also came with a nice bathrobe. The TV had many channel options, and the internet (surcharge) was an adequate speed.

Like every high-end hotel, they nickel/dime you for everything. The wi-fi and valet parking were quite expensive, but I got the room so cheap that even factoring in the extras, it was still a bargain. My colleagues stayed at a budget hotel by the airport and paid twice what my stay cost.

The hotel is right downtown and there are countless dining options, from fast food to four star within a few blocks. I had lunch at Baja Fresh which right out the back entrance of the hotel, and dinner at Fleming's Steakhouse a block away.

I enjoyed the hotel very much and would happily stay there again on my next trip to Silicon Valley.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank David C
FairmontSanJose, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the downtown area!!
Thank you for choosing Fairmont San Jose for your getaway and for taking the time to share your feedback. We very much appreciate your patronage and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

A local band that we enjoy, Sage, was playing a free New Years Eve concert in the park across the street from the Fairmont so we decided to stay the night. Upon check-in we were upgraded to a bigger room in the newer, North Tower. Every employee we encountered, from check-in, housekeeping to valet parking were all polite and professional.

Our room was spacious and well appointed. We were on the 7th floor so we had a nice view and even saw some New Years Eve fireworks from our room.

We are looking forward to staying again next year!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends

I am so happy you got to experience a true Fairmont New Years Eve! We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed our hotel and found our customer service to be warm and engaging. We certainly hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

My husband and i always thought the Fairmont was an upscale brand and that was part of the reasons we booked this hotel for a night that we were attending a concert at the SAP center in San Jose.
We stayed in a remodeled room in the tower building, it was very nice, the room was huge, bed was super comfortable, people at check in were very competent.
Arrived with enough time to shower and head out to concert, main light in the bathroom was out, which made getting ready a pain and when we called they said they would be right up but after waiting 15 minutes or more we cancelled that request as makeup needed to be applied and showers taken.
Had the do not disturb hanging on our door, yet at 9:00am, the maids were knocking to clean the room, said it showed we had checked out upon calling the desk we were told the room was still occupied.
Not major problems but at a high end resort super disappointing, would of loved to give this place 5 stars.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donotcomplain
FairmontSanJose, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

We strive to provide luxurious accommodations, thoughtful and attentive service and unparalleled experiences to our guests and sincerely apologize for the disappointments you noted in your review. We do read all posts and utilize guest feedback to make any necessary improvements. Thank you for sharing your, we hope to welcome you back again.
Warmest Regards,
Loyalty Manager

Reviewed 9 March 2017

Very expensive. Very average.I stayed in a "de luxe" room, but it felt like a normal room, but maybe bigger (?). No bathrobe. If you want to take a shower or bath outside the usual "rush hours" (6.30-8.00am and again maybe before dinner), you will only get lukewarm water. Food is average. Roomservice slow (45-50 minutes) - I ordered 3 times and it was just as slow each time.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
FairmontSanJose, Manager at Fairmont San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your experience. We sincerely apologize for the inconsistencies with your room and room service.

Clearly we missed the mark for you this stay and I am very sorry about that. We strive to create an exceptional experience in every area and I regret that we did not succeed for you this stay. Please rest assured that we do read all posts and have shared your feedback with our team leaders in order to make necessary corrections and improvements to get back on track with the wonderful experience and warm, engaging service we are strive to achieve. Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Warmest Regards,