All reviews il fornaio sainte claire historic hotel studio suite rain shower convention center palm suite luxurious feeling bridal party same block rooms are nicely decorated valet parking market st room service older hotel valet service cardio equipment
Reviewed 25 August 2018

We stayed for two nights. This hotel is right across the street from the Marriott and the San Jose Conference Center. The hotel does not have parking, but you can pay to park under the Conference Center - rates vary depending on what is going on there. We paid $15/day flat fee. Valet parking is also available. The hotel has a large neon sign for the Sainte Claire, a holdover from its previous life before it became a Westin. It has a restaurant on the first floor, but there are other restaurants around as well as a variety of casual eateries on First street and also near the Tech Museum, which is close by, across the small park - the hotel provides a list of local restaurants if you ask. There is not really a breakfast place, though - we went to the Bijan Bakery a block up the street for something quick for breakfast. The hotel is very nice. It has a large reception room on the ground floor that was being used for a wedding at one point while we were there. We were on the fifth floor overlooking Market St. The room was quiet, even though when we were in the hall we heard other guests in one of the rooms. We had a room with a king bed. The room next to ours had two double beds, and they pretty much filled the room. With just one bed, we had more room to move around - that's the way it is in the middle of downtown. The bathroom was a little small, but not too bad - the shower had plenty of room. We requested a second luggage rack and they brought it right up. The stairs and elevator area show the hotel's heritage in their wood floors and design. Everything worked well and we enjoyed the room. Free wifi was included with the room.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2018

When I stay at a hotel, I look for one with character. When I review a hotel, I look at 3 things about the room, customer service, and food.

The room:
The bed - not the absolute best I've ever slept in at a hotel, but in the top few. Bed was not a rock, it was comfortable, the sheets had weight and were not scratchy. It did not have an empty duvet cover with a coverlet which I have seen way to commonly in even high end hotels. It has lots of lightweight bedding and a light weight comforter so that every one can pick and choose. The pillows were not nothing or rocks either, quite comfortable.
The shower - pretty awesome. Have to see to believe
The desk - worthless. I'm 5'2" and rarely find a hotel desk I am even half-way comfortable with. This was no exception. Way to high, inappropriate chair (even if fit the decor) that didn't want to slide on the carpet (one of the big reasons for the 4)

Customer Service was a strong B+. What kept it from an A was that I didn't get all the green rewards I should have gotten and the day someone stole the green hanger off the door, took 3 requests to get it replaced.

The food - restaurant is northern Italian basically. Okay here and there for lunch or dinner, horrible for breakfast (I hate across the street at the Marriott for breakfast.)

Overall not a bad experience. Could have been better, but could have been much much worse.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Cerridwyn
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Westin did a good job of restoring a tired but classic old hotel in downtown San Jose. The entrance and lobby have lots of classic features and details while the rooms have been fully updated and are tasteful and comfortable. The location is great for conferences as it is close to the nearby San Jose Convention Center.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

The old fashion looking hotel is anything but out date. It’s like walking back in time but with all the amenities of the upper class. The hotel was at full capacity due to a wedding and fit expo but still accommodated with a roll away bed for my daughter. The was staff was very friendly and knowledgeable of the surrounding area. I recommend using valet, just so you don’t have to worry about parking. Excellent location for the convention center too! It right across the street!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Jon R, Front Office Manager at The Westin San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Hi Christopher B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your recent stay. I'm happy to see that you loved the classic charm of the hotel, and that all of the staff you came in contact with were friendly and knowledgeable! Our team works hard to take care of each and everyone of our guests, and I'm glad that they were able to provide you and your daughter with a rollaway bed on such a busy weekend.

We hope to see you back with us soon the next time you are in San Jose!

Jon R.
Director of Guest Services

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Loved our room, proximity to everything, Staff was over and above nice & helpful! Restaurant was delicious & adorable! Valet parking was so quick & bell staff courteous also! Our room was perfectly clean & luxurious!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Jon R, Front Office Manager at The Westin San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Hello Rishels7!

Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us! I am so happy that the entire hotel, from the restaurant to the rooms, was wonderful! I'm also ecstatic that you loved our staff and that you found them to be nice, helpful, and courteous. We pride ourselves on our staff service, and my team is thrilled that they were able to make your stay so special.

We hope to see you back with us the next time your travels take you to San Jose!

Jon R.