All reviews midnight snack la pastaia jazz club espresso machine cookies shark tank within walking distance valet parking boutique hotel corner room valet service restaurants and bars business trip bed was very comfortable downtown area santa clara convention center
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Hotel is completely adequate, nice even. But they are all about fees and surcharges. The room rate isn't the actual amount you pay. There's a $14.95 per night Amenity Fee. It supposedly provides for services that other hotels include in their room rate (like wi-fi, fitness facility, business center, and having newspapers in the lobby). Even if you have a negotiated rate for a convention, they charge the Amenity Fee on top of the negotiated rate - so the advertised price isn't what you pay. Oh, and their restaurant does the same thing. They have their posted prices for food, on top of which they charge a 5% surcharge to "support the minimum wage increase". Why can't they just be honest about their rates.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bellman6
HotelDeAnza, Manager at Hotel De Anza, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Greetings Bellman6,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hotel De Anza. We make our best effort to be as honest and transparent as possible with our nightly amenity fee, which is confirmed multiple times throughout the booking process. Thank you for sharing your valued feedback.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

The gentleman that manages the front desk is incredibly friendly, helpful personable and professional. He represents hotel De Anza in the best way. I stay at this hotel frequently and Justin is consistently a pleasure to interact with!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
HotelDeAnza, Front Office Manager at Hotel De Anza, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Greetings Tosha R!

Thank you for staying with us at the Hotel De Anza, and for submitting your review! I am so glad you were able to enjoy the "exceptional service" provided to you during your visit. I will be sure to share your kind words with Justin, who I am more than delighted to have as a valued member of our front office team!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel De Anza- hopefully that will be sometime soon!

Until then- Cheers!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

The service was really bad. From the front desk to the valet to the restaurant, a very disappointing experience. Windows are original so prepare for a bad night’s sleep. Worse though was that the valet service took forever, the room we were in had several maintenance and housekeeping issues so we had to move (like the SHOWER didn’t work not exactly a minor issue)! Worst of all was the restaurant. How hard is a decent breakfast?? Luke warm coffee, a bug in the hot water for tea, undercooked bacon, meals served at different time. A horrendous experience through and through. Told the manager on duty at restaurant of our issues and he could not have cared less. Had planned to stay here frequently but after this experience will avoid at all costs!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Patti L

Greetings Patti L,

I am so sorry to hear of your shortcomings experienced during your recent visit to the Hotel De Anza. This certainly is not typical of the service we pride ourselves in providing for each and every one of our guests. I would love to have another opportunity to welcome you back, to truly WOW you during your next visit to San Jose. Feel free to reach out to myself before your next visit, so we can be sure to take great care of you.

Bets Regards,
Bryan Seabert

Reviewed 26 July 2018

I stayed at the De Anza on business on a Monday Night.

The quoted rate was fairly good given that a convention was in town and SJ in general was sold out. They DO have an annoying "convenience fee" which adds about $15 to your bill and is collected as you leave. I found it under-handed.

The hotel itself is somewhat charming. Small and a bit old-school with a 1920's flair and style that is carried throughout many of them hotels design elements. It was almost cool. Almost. But for me it fell just short of being a really grand trip to the 1920's which is what I think they are shooting for. I admire the effort, the period lamps, the period art, the carpet, fixtures etc. But I kept seeing the veneer on top what is really an older aging hotel. The rooms feel stylish, but have a rather awkward layout with doors that get in each other's way, shower stalls that look great but are weirdly raised 6 inches above the bathroom floor level, and my top complaint: An air conditioner that ran intermittently in the room like a 1920's motorbike trying to get to the opera. The room temperature came out good, but it was LOUD getting there.

Overall it was a mostly-affordable room with a comfortable bed and somewhat stylish - I left rested, but feeling a slight regret that it was 80% of the way to a really cool experience.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ZenRockGardener
HotelDeAnza, Front Office Manager at Hotel De Anza, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Greetings ZenRockGardener,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hotel De Anza, and for sharing your recent experience with us! In an effort to provide a convenient and inclusive stay for all of our guests, we do have a nightly amenity fee applied to all reservations. We make our best effort to be as transparent as possible with this fee- displaying it throughout the multiple steps of the reservation process, through each one of the many reservation channels we work with. If this fee was not mentioned in the channel you used for booking your room, we would love to know, so we can address it right away!

We appreciate your feedback, and will be sure to share it with the team to ensure the guest experience we offer is improved on a daily basis. Thank you for staying with us at the Hotel De Anza!

Reviewed 18 July 2018

I was in San Jose for business and needed to stay in the downtown area. There was nothing wrong with my stay, the rooms are older with updated bathrooms. The bed and pillows were not very comfortable (extremely hard) and cheap sheets. Tthe room was clean and served the purpose for a one night stay. I did find the cost of hotel room $269 and valet parking $38.00 extremely high for what you're actually getting.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
HotelDeAnza, Front Office Manager at Hotel De Anza, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Greetings AlwaysGl0betr0tting,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hotel De Anza with us. While there may have been "nothing wrong" with your stay, I will certainly share your feedback with our team. We strive every day to ensure that every piece of the experience we offer not only lives up to, but surpasses expectation. I would love to have another chance to welcome you back to the Hotel De Anza to truly WOW you on you next stay with us. Feel free to reach out to myself before you solidify your plans, and I will be sure we take great care of you.

Thank you for sharing your valued feedback, and for staying with us at the Hotel De Anza! We hope to see you again soon!