All reviews front desk rental car the shuttle driver room was clean starbucks coffee small balcony an early flight great customer service san jose airport would stay here again easy access business traveler hotel lobby business trip king room great room silicon valley
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed staying here this weekend. The staff was super helpful and nice. I believe Tonya was the manger, she went out of her way to look for a box we needed and tape. So beside great customer service, the room was comfortable and clean. Loved that it was also right by the airport.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Sanjiv G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,

Tonya is truly amazing! We are fortunate to have her on our team. We very much appreciate your comments about our friendly staff and clean rooms and wonderful customer service!
And of course you are next to the San Jose International Airport when you choose to stay with us!
Thank for your stay and feedback!
Hope to have the opportunity to host you again at this beautiful & highly ranked hotel in San Jose market!

Reviewed 12 September 2018

Stayed at this Marriott Courtyard prior to an early morning flight out of San Jose. Very good option - clean rooms, nice staff and, most importantly, only 2 minutes from the airport. Desk attendant could not have been nicer. They have a shuttle that runs from very early (we took the 5:00 AM) to late at night to get you to and from the airport. If you have an early flight out or late flight in and need a place to stay, this is the place. They have a small bistro restaurant and bar. Only issue is that there are not many restaurants nearby. Solid hotel - will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Sanjiv G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

What a fabulous review of our hotel! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with our future guests!
Our goal is to make it a very convenient location for our guests flying out early morning or flying in late night from San Jose International Airport.
Besides location, as you mentioned, our hotel has very friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms with on site restaurant open for breakfast and dinner.
We will share your comments with our team and let them know about your pleasant stay with us.
We loved your comment "SOLID HOTEL".
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again to our hotel.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

Our initial experience with San Jose Airport Courtyard were not good. We called right off of the plane for the free hotel shuttle..............4 of us and waited at #8 pick up area as directed. Waited for about 10 mins and as the van was pulling in 6 Jet Blue employees walked up and as we were standing there the driver told us that she could only fit 9 in the van and jet blue called first. I told her we called and they asked what airline we came on and I said Jet Blue. We still weren't allowed on. After a 12 hour travel day from the east coast with two young children we were furious. We walked back to the airport and $20 later hired a cab to take us the 1.6 miles as they have a $15 minimum.
When checking into the hotel the woman who drove the van was there and said she'd check us in. She said there was miscommunication on her end and she was going to come back and pick us up. A little too late. In an effort to appease us, she said the kids could pick out a few things from the "Market," The kids did but we were still very unhappy.
The hotel itself is nice and the room was well appointed and the beds comfortable. There is a small breakfast area that uses Starbucks coffee and food which we had as we waited for the shuttle to take us back to the airport at 7:30 to go pick up a rental car. Our ride back to the airport was great and the woman brought us directly to the car rental terminal.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Sanjiv G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your response. We do realize how frustrating it could be having to wait for shuttle after a long flight. We are happy that our staff acknowledged the same and made an effort to make it up for the inconvenience.
We are delighted that you found the hotel and rooms clean and nice and had a pleasant stay with convenient ride to the airport.
We hope that you will choose to stay with us in future when your travel brings you back to the west coast.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at the property and enjoyed talking to kristyn she is upbeat and vibrant especially upon my check out in the morning had the same energy. She made my stay very excellent by having a smile and being herself which her personality is genuine. She would not accept a cash tip from me and told me she was just doing her job to service myself and others .In addition before kristyn helped me she was doing everything she could do to help a guest get back into their room and this guest was being rude to her because she couldn’t do it fast enough. To add, she called another co worker in and offered a breakfast or tea as the guest waited. She did good in my book. What stood out was kristyn had a positive additude and kept a smile on her face . Night time staff is not given enough credit for the things they encounter during the night . Marriott you are lucky to have Kristyn I wanted to meet the manger and express in perosn but had a flight to catch that morning. Also, Mario was a great hand especially with giving my room extra towels and helping my mother who is older thank you both. I’ll be back in October but thank you for having a friendly graveyard staff.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Sanjiv G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Dear Michelle,

Many thanks for recognizing our graveyard team! I agree with you that how important they are what they do every night to take care of guests. Both Kristyn and Mario continue to demonstrate with pride as part of Marriott family their positive upbeat attitude by going extra mile! We are truly very fortunate to have them on our team.

I hope to see you in person next time when you stay with us in October! Again thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your comments for our future travelers!

Reviewed 8 August 2018

I stayed at this hotel for one night only so take my review with a grain of salt. When I read previous reviews I was expecting a bad experience but I had a good one (for once!) This hotel is right outside the airport. If you're a light sleeper you might want to choose another location. I choose this hotel based on price ($154 incl taxes/night), the fact that it was close to the airport, and was easily accessible to the freeways and downtown San Jose. The bed and bedding were wonderful to sleep in! The room was big for 2 people with a couch and a desk. The shower had very good pressure and the pressure was adjustable. It was clean and suited our needs well. My room was on the top (4th) floor and I could hear the airplane noise in the morning, I'm a light sleeper, however, it wasn't loud at all. My parents had a room on the 1st floor and said they couldn't hear any airplane noise at all. The wireless internet was very good, I mean streaming videos or movies good. Don't touch the water bottle included in the room, if you do you'll be charged for it. I wasn't charged for parking at this hotel even though their website clearly says there is a $15/day fee for it. I was there on a Saturday so maybe that had something to do with it. There's a Starbucks in the hotel but it was only open in the early morning and closed in the afternoon. It reopens at 5pm. Not sure if this is a weekend thing? I've stayed at many hotels for just one night some were just bad, some were just okay, and this one was very good. Maybe it was my expectations be so low to begin with?? I would stay at this hotel again if I'm in San Jose again.

Room Tip: Stay near the bottom floors if you're a light sleeper. King bed was heaven!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Sanjiv G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear Valuable Guest,

The review was just like a soothing music to our ears! It also appears that you have so well painted the entire canvas from check in to check out. We are so excited to read your detailed experience of your recent stay with your family. We cannot thank you enough in words.

Indeed it is true that we have very friendly staff, clean rooms, great wireless internet, on site restaurant for breakfast and dinner, open heated swimming pool, extra large gym, ample parking and close to San Jose International Airport.

That is why we are ranked #8 or #9 among 75 hotels in San Jose market by our well experienced travelers' like you!

We would like to welcome you again to stay with us when you are visiting this area. I do want to clarify for next time that we offer Starbucks 24 hrs. even when the restaurant is closed. Our Front Desk agents will be happy to prepare any specialty coffee for you.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your views with our future travelers!