All reviews mosaic restaurant front desk parking attendant free bottles of water walking distance light rail small hotel convention center location is great junior suite street noise an older hotel restaurants and bars stayed here for one night per night self parking an upgrade
Reviewed 21 January 2017

I stay here when on business because I like the ambience of the hotel bar and I usually dont want to head out to bars , of which there are plenty , nearby,
I ordered a beer at 545pm and the bar closed at 6pm for a private party.On Friday night.No notice when I booked , no notice when I checked in. ( The Hotel didnt know the bar was closing ). The staff here and the rooms are always excellent so as long as you dont want food or drink on site , great place.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
FourpointsGMSanJose, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Dear Alasdair:

Thank you for your review. While we're pleased that you generally like our hotel and service, I'm very sorry that our bar was not available for your use Saturday night, due to a private function. We have reviewed and updated our protocols regarding this practice in the hopes that we can better accommodate all guests in the future.

We hope that this does not permanently tarnish your opinion of the hotel, and we look forward to seeing you again should you plans bring you back to San Jose.

Randy Zimmerman

Reviewed 16 January 2017

I stayed for one night and I knew as soon as I entered the elevator that this was an older hotel. The hotel is clean and has a restaurant/bar. I ate at the restaurant and the food was very good, but a little expensive. The room was just the right size and clean. I especially like the pocket door leading into the bathroom.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

So this hotel is downtown San Jose, in the city centre. You are in walking distance of many resturant's museum's art galleries and gardens.

The beds are very comfy, the rooms well apportioned and the staff are friendly.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2017

The Staff was one of the friendliest ever! Absolute excellent customer service, very cheerful staff, even housekeeping. All requests were promptly met. Parking was very convenient along with the location for getting a little taste of San Jose, CA!

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 January 2017

This is a great location for anyone traveling to San Jose/Silicon Valley. It's essentially within walking distance to most anything you would need in downtown San Jose.

The whole staff is very friendly and hospitable and the hotel is clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend it.

Cons - my husband and I had an extremely small room, smaller than our bedroom at home. Yes, there was a king size bed which is a plus, but it took up the whole room. The toilet is literally 5 feet from the bed:( I will say that I had the opportunity to glimpse inside some of the other rooms when housekeeping was attending so I know there were bigger rooms. My suggestion - if you want a bigger room, request one - they're there;)

Also, they have no gift shop/sundry store, but the Fairmont has one right up the street one block.

Room tip: Make sure you don't get one of the micro mini rooms
Date of stay: December 2016