“Nice museum”

Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum
Ranked #5 of 116 things to do in San Jose
More attraction details
Owner description: Architecturally inspired by the Temple of Amon at Karnak, it houses the largest collection of Egyptian artifacts on exhibit in western North America, including objects from pre dynastic times through Egypt's early Islamic era.
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We went here for a quick museum tour. It was a very nice museum along with other attractions on the outside. Great for all ages.

All reviews
in 81 reviews
"replica"
in 88 reviews

Reviewed 11 August 2017

My kids and I love history, and this place does not disappoint! We loved it so much we became members! As members, your kids can work to become "Jr. Archaeologists" which culminates with a sleepover at the museum. They also get to handle authentic relics! How cool is that?

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Don't bother, tourist trap with all replica Egyptian stuff. Nothing real or original. Egyptian-lite.

2  Thank pilot210
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

It's a wonder how this museum ended up I. San Jose, but it's here. Anyone with a curiosity about ancient Egyptian history will find their visit taking at least a couple of hours if not not more. There is a mobile app that can be downloaded and would probably add depth to your visit. However, wireless signal strength is not very good inside the museum and the app is not very useful without the museum's WiFi-it was down when we visited. Never the less, our visit was still worth while.

I suggest parking in the rear of the museum as parking in front, as tempting as it is, is restricted during the weekdays.

1  Thank Berlin19892015