“On the pier, people watching and good food. Nothing better!”

The Fisherman's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #9 of 240 Restaurants in San Clemente
Price range: US$5 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Description: Fresh Fish Everyday! Every day, we offer the freshest seafood available. Swing by and feast on our Fresh Fish!
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Visiting this wonderful restaurant was a lovely surprise. Changing up plans from going to a museum in Los Angeles to visit friends on a Sunday in San Clemente was so much a better idea. The day was warm and sunny and people were enjoying themselves on the pier and at the beach. That said, parking was a bit of challenge. I was using a cane, so three of us were dropped off and the driver met up with us. I was brought to a place, before getting to the restaurant, where I could watch the waves and the people frolicking. I started crying…it was just a perfect day. The food was great…the New England clam chowder is the best I’ve ever had. Everyone got something different, but the clam chowder was traditional, amazing. It really was the most memorable. The environment is relaxed and the service was good. If you are not accustomed to the beach atmosphere, people are laid back but serious about their fun and their food—which at Fisherman's includes a unique atmosphere and attentive service. It is on the pier, you might see some unusual things. If you are a romantic, time your visit for sunset. I really had a good visit with friends here. I would highly recommend it.

Date of visit: June 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1 385)

41 - 45 of 1 385 reviews

Reviewed 17 September 2018

We got lucky and got a table on the outdoor porch area overlooking the water. We had great service and the fish and chips were the best we've had in 7+ years living in California. Lovely town and beach.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 16 September 2018

You can’t beat the prices with the sunset specials! The food, I always order the Calimari Steak, and service are great!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 16 September 2018

This restaurant has great food and I just love sitting outside while enjoying the waves crashing and breathing fresh air. With your meal they also bring you warm fresh sourdough bread, it is one of the best I have ever had. I do not eat seafood so there is a somewhat limited menu for me but there are salads, burgers, chicken sandwich, and pasta. My fiance loves fresh seafood and this place does not disappoint. I do have to say that the service was just acceptable, our server was busy but we did spend a lot of time waiting to get his attention when we need anything. Not bad service but it certainly could improve. No bread plates were given to us so we had to wait quite a while before we could eat our bread and we were hungry. It was a wait for everything. I recommend this place but if you are going for lunch, like we did, get there early because it gets busy.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 9 September 2018

We make sure that we go to the Fisherman's Restaurant for a couple of their $5 Sunset Specials when we go to San Clemente every year, especially their Italian sausage and peppers night. I thought it was something special when telling a fellow diner that it was $3 when we started going, but she informed us that it was $2 when they started going there. It's still a great deal. The hardest part of going there is finding a parking space and then finding an empty table. Getting a table wasn't as hard this summer as it has been in previous years, but the parking was still as difficult.

Date of visit: July 2018