“Felt welcomed, very relaxing and perfect location...”
Sunny Hideaway Second Bedroom Rose Room
Sunny Hideaway Second Bedroom
Rose Room
Brookes Room
Country Blue Room
Patio where wine and Breakfast are served
Balloon Rides
Castle winery
SpaS CLOSE BY
Walk in the vineyards around Shady Oaks
Dining Room
Rose Bathroom
Winery Bath
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Melissa B
Henderson, Nevada
“Felt welcomed, very relaxing and perfect location in Saint Helena (Napa)”
Reviewed 16 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

John and Lisa were gracious hosts. The breakfasts were first class and loved the wine and cheese hour. John was very informative and their wine Twisted Wine was excellent. They were very accommodating to our family and close to our wedding venue for our daughter. We’ll be back for sure.

Your age range 50-64
nancyaI68...
Urbandale, Iowa
“Sisters weekend”
Reviewed 8 November 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Shady Oaks was a perfect location for our Napa girls trip. The accommodations were comfortable & the morning breakfasts were amazing! I highly recommend this property!!

Management Response
9 Nov 2017
Thank you so much for the great review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
Warmly
John & Lisa
Rebecca A
Atlanta, Georgia
“Shady Oaks was quite "shady"”
Reviewed 29 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

When researching for a place to stay for a wedding in Napa and found the Shady Oaks Inn, I was expecting a quaint bed and breakfast but upon arrival I was deeply disappointed. It was very dark (no lighting) for a late check-in. You have to walk up steps to get to the Sunny Hideaway Room. The Sunny Hideaway wasn't terrible but it was definitely dated. My mother and father stayed in the main house in the Country Blue Room. They didn't seem to have a problem with the room. Their only feedback was the room and bathroom were quite small and I did notice the sink was outside of the bathroom.

When booking the Shady Oaks Inn, I had to email Lisa (the owner) to make sure everything was booked OK because during my stay, my two sisters and I had to switch rooms due to over-booking. The first night we stayed in the Sunny Hideaway which was old but an OK room. The second night we had to move downstairs to the Winery Retreat. The Winery Retreat should have been called the Wine Cellar because you are in a dark room with only 2 windows. One window is in the door and the other window is in the bathroom sharing space with the window AC unit. There were a lot of bugs in this room. Also, the bathtub was not draining. My cousins actually stayed in the Winery Retreat before we moved into it and they told the staff on duty that the tub was not draining. Imagine my surprise when returning to the Inn to get ready for a wedding that the bathtub still was not draining properly (see photos). To add to my frustration, when I reported this problem to the staff (Lauren I believe was her name), she was less than helpful. First she told me to go back and check to make sure it was draining. Nope. It was not. Then she looked at me with a blank stare and said "It must be hair." Well, yes I'm sure it is but I'm a guest and not a plumber so that is not my responsibility to remove other guests' hair. After telling me she could not find any liquid plumber, she then suggested that me and my 2 sisters use the shower in my parents room. That would be 5 people trying to use a tiny bathroom and shower to get ready for a wedding. That is unacceptable. Her next option was for us to go back to the Sunny Hideaway (which was already in use by another guest) to take a shower. There was no way I was going to break into another guest's room while they were possibly out for the day only to have them wonder why a stranger was using their shower. I can't believe this was even a suggestion. That is such a violation of privacy.

The only positive I can offer for this place is the breakfast. Bottomline, if you are looking for an old, hot (only AC window units), dirty, bug-infested and not working plumbing place to stay than this is your place. Oh yeah, and don't be surprised if another guest is using your bathroom while you are away. Unbelievable. I would not recommend staying here at all. Very disappointing experience.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Breakfast
Liked least: Poor customer service.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
30 Jun 2016
I am sorry you feel the way you do about our Inn.
You know I thought about addressing all there issues but these people were unhappy when the got here.
You can't please everyone
Camilla S
“Nicest place in town!”
Reviewed 18 March 2016 for a stay in May 2015

Me and my Sister in law stayed for three nights at Shady Oaks Inn. We had a Great time. The breakfast was to die for. We really enjoyed the evenings when all the gueasts gathered in the backyard acompanied by one of the owners, John, and had great conversations. John served us some cheeses and his own wine. This was absolutely the nicest place we stayed at during The whole vacation!

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Gästvänligheten
Liked least: Lite svårt att ta sig in till centrum utan bil.
Travelling group: Med vänner
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
jerholm
Surprise, AZ
“Wonderful Stay At Shady Oaks”
Reviewed 29 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Recently we had a wonderful stay at Shady Oaks. We were in the Winery Retreat which was very clean, well appointed, comfortable and just very nice. The staff was very helpful with information about the area and the many wineries. The weather was so nice we had breakfast outside on the patio and the meal was absolutely wonderful. Great place to stay.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: cleanliness, comfort, peaceful, and breakfast
Liked least: Construct8ion on highway 29
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing