All reviews plenty of hot water little things would stay again homeless people downtown furniture fridge
Reviewed 29 November 2017

Its at a great location to mid town and also downtown plus the Old Sacramento district . There are plenty of tourist spots around the hotel in walking distance include the Capital building , the Governor House just next door. There are many restaurants and bars nearby in walking distance also . The rooms are OK and quiet , ample of parking space and the breakfast is OK . I dont mind to stay there again next time I am in town .

Room Tip: Higher floor and more quiet
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Minesh P, General Manager at Econo Lodge - Sacramento / 16th St., responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Thank you for the review. We take pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at a fair price, in a convenient downtown/midtown location.

We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

This is a nice little motel. Now again I travel for work and pay for my own hotels so price was key for the time I spent there. 2 weeks. Really it was a good find. I mean check in was a breeze. Got my keys and headed to my room. Was kinda bummed when i saw it was on the third floor figured there wasn’t an elevator since all the rooms were on the outside I was wrong. Oh plus it has FREE parking in a major downtown that’s like an awesome find. Took the elevator up to the room and walked in to my surprise was what looked like brand new comforter, brand new sheets, new furniture, AND a good sized fridge and microwave!!!!! Damn I hit the jackpot. When you travel 48-50 weeks a year and live in hotels it’s the little things. The shower had great pressure and plenty of hot water. And the tv had satellite with a ton of channels. The bathroom has a little window that’s nice to open when showering or anytime I kept mine open the whole time I was there. There was one downfall which isn’t the owners fault is the location. It’s not in such a great area but aren’t most downtowns kinda shady? I’ve stayed at ritzs, Hilton’s, Marriotts, redroof inns and everything in between. I have to say this was a good hotel and I would recommend it to anyone. It’s funny some of my coworkers were mad at me with how much money I was saving and they were at a fancy hotel only a few blocks away. I’ll definitely be staying there again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Minesh P, General Manager at Econo Lodge - Sacramento / 16th St., responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thank you for your kind review. We work hard to provide clean, comfortable rooms at a fair price, and it nice to see our efforts are appreciated. I wish I could wave a magic wand and improve our neighborhood, but until then, we'll concentrate on making our rooms and property as nice as we can.

Hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Great location central to downtown restaurants and bars...but poor hotel compared to the many hotels that I stay in at or below this price range.

The front office, business & breakfast area's were updated for decent asthetic appearance, but the area was small and all combined which they did a good job of hiding on online photos. Breakfast was not good, coffee ugh, and water container was totally empty. I politely asked if they could fill the water, but had to stop short of eating all my breakfast and left after 5 minutes of waiting for the water to be refilled. My loss of appetite was partly due to my room condition the night before where i found cracks all over the walls, mold on the bathroom walls, black marks on the pillow case & comforter, and several disgusting slimmy finger print smears on the table top supporting the tv! I didn't even bother asking them to clean it as get the feeling that the maids also do the cooking.. Was very noisy outside at 12am with parking garage and equipment running nearby, but I found a constant fan setting on the AC unit that did help drown out the noise. I slept good although bed wasn't plush my any means.

The good: Location, pillows, water pressure in shower.

More bad: Very tight parking stalls, so don't plan on parking your truck or large car here as the prime 2-3 oversized parking stalls are reserved with orange cones for the staff or someone other than general customers. Wifi connection didn't work so I just used my hotspot.

Highly recommend staying in a better hotel outside of town for less price and Uber'ing to downtown if you don't need the convenience of an economical downtown hotel location.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Minesh P, Owner at Econo Lodge - Sacramento / 16th St., responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Ed,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry we failed to meet your expectations.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Econo Lodge Sacramento

Reviewed 20 September 2017

The motel was inexpensive. Although an older motel, the room I stayed in was clean. The floor was hardwood. The furniture is simple. Refrigerator and microwave in the room. I had little interaction with the staff. Only when I checked in and out. So, can't speak much of their service. I had trouble with the WiFi, so if it's important to you, be aware. The area the motel is in can be sketchy. But, as I found, there are not any areas of Sacramento that are not sketchy. I saw many homeless people while going places within the city. I had no trouble with noise, even though the place is in Mid-Town. May stay there again if the need arises. Or, will try another establishment in the area. A plus is that it's centrally located. On the Saturday night of my stay, I had to park in a nearby street as the lot was full.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We spend one night here on our way to Napa Valley and would stay here anytime again. The guy at reception was really nice and welcoming. We got a room on the 3rd floor and I was quite amazed and relieved that they had an elevator.
Room was nice and clean, the furniture seemed to be rather new as well as the carpet and the beds were so comfortable. The bathroom is older but still clean, which is the most important for me. Wifi was working perfectly and the TV had so many channels, they even had HBO, which is rather unusual for a budget accomodation.
Even they were quite busy, it was reasonably quiet during nighttime. I can't say anything about the breakfast as we're not really breakfast eater, but from what I saw when we checked out it was the usual stuff which you get in this category of accomodation. I wouldn't hesitate to book and stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017