“Unassuming But Great Unique Burgers and Craft Brews”
Review of Flaming Grill Cafe

Flaming Grill Cafe
Ranked #156 of 2 215 Restaurants in Sacramento
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I stopped at the Flaming Grill Cafe on the way to a client meeting. Had just enough time to snag a "burger and a beer". Being work hours, unfortunately i passed on the beer- to my great loss! This tiny place features more than 29 special true craft beers with names like Belgian inspired "AleSmith Horny Devil", "Auburn Alehouse Shanghai Stout", "Big Sexy Overeast In The Burbs", "Blue Note Sour Mango Funk" and many more! They range from a 4.0% ABV to a hearty 11.0% ABV for the " Kern River Hop Nookie". Must have quite a kick. Did I mention that there is a large selection of wild meats including Wagyu (i.e. American Kobe), Antelope, Elk, Gator, Wild Boar, Ostrich, Llama and Camel- what??? Camel?!! Amazing.... Unfortunately having very limited time I settled (?) for a Roasted Jalapeno Jack Cheese & Sirloin Burger with Spicy Fries and an Ice Tea. The Burger was enormous, dripping with Jack Cheese and topped with real roasted Jalapeno's- probably two entire peppers. The Manager of the Flaming Grill Cafe is an expert on craft brews and spoke very knowledgeably about the brewing process, indredients, and pros and cons of each brew. Looks to me like he has also sampled his fair share to gain this encyclopedic knowledge. Great guy, really nice. Fast and courteous service, low key atmosphere, great prices. Hip technology- they use an iPad to scan your credit card and send you a receipt via email. Great place! Next time I'm in the area- I'm having a camel. Chow.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

I am SO full! We ate here tonight and were very happy. The fries were amazing topped like a chicken nacho. The burger menu was very creative. Just don’t cut your burger in half, too messy!

Tony & Erin from Sacramento, CA

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Although there is a large variety of different and exotic meats, and styles of entree's to choose from, The menu has too many choices and makes it difficult to choose from. My husband and I chose different entrees as we usually do to taste each others meal. Both burgers we chose came coated with so much oil or grease from the grill, we had to absorb it with napkins. We could not finish the meal because it became what we refer to as "gut bomb." We were quite despaired because we had heard good things about this place. This place is obviously popular, but not for us.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

My fellow coworkers and I have eaten here twice, and each time the service has been kind of slow. The first time was understandable because they were very busy, but the second time 3 of us went, and there were maybe 4 other people in the restaurant already eating, and the service was even slower. Perhaps they had just gotten past the busy lunch rush, because the staff seemed really tired and inattentive. We ordered 3 salads, and I have to admit for the price we paid, these were very large salads! I had the fiesta salad, which had fewer greens than I would have liked, and a TON of chicken. It came with a lot of toppings such as beans and tortilla chips, and I was able to bring it home and make another 2 meals out of it. It was pretty tasty and spicy, but didn't really have a "wow!" factor. My coworker and I agreed that there were too many sauces and toppings. Also, our appetizer came last, which was really weird since we ordered it first.

This is definitely a meat-lovers restaurant, and you will get a lot of food for the price you pay. Just be prepared to wait a little while, as their food takes a bit longer to make.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I had driven by so many times, and decided, that it did not seem busy, so me and my wife decided to give it a shot. It was not busy at the time, because they literally had just opened the doors, 10 minutes later, it started to get busy.
It took our 1 waitress 25 minutes from the time we placed our order, to receive our food.
We were sort of upset, but after tasting our food, that was soon forgotten, the burgers were EXCELLENT!!!!!!!
We will definitely be going back!