All reviews el camino breakfast room front desk nice note woodside road usb ports free parking extra touches comfortable hotel beds welcome bag make a u turn favorite things ihg member third floor guest laundry breakfast bar reliable wifi
Reviewed 25 January 2016 via mobile

This was the least expensive and the nicest of the 3 in the area in which we stayed. Convenient layout, clean as a whistle, very nice breakfast, friendly service. I also had a package delivered to my room via robot (see hotel photos), which was impressive and just plain old fun. I was unable to use the laundry because the dated machines ate my quarters, but reception could not have been more helpful without fixing the machine, which they just couldn't do. Gym very simple but you can raise your heart rate while you watch a game.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
HIXStanford, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2016

Hello lulululu35,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express-Redwood City Central. We are so glad that our hotel service was just what you needed during your time in the area. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 January 2016

Pity about all the noise. I would have loved this hotel if only I could have slept.

Beautiful room, must be recently renovated.
Very clean room and bathroom.
The check in person and check out person were very nice.
There is a free parking garage at the hotel.
That's the good.

Here is the problem: STREET noise.
The hotel is on a VERY busy street, El Camino Real.
When I booked several weeks before i indicated i needed a quiet room. I then telephoned the hotel after I booked online and asked if they could note I want a quiet room away from El Camino Real.
The day I was to arrive I telephoned the hotel at noon (no one had checked in by noon so its not like all the rooms were taken). I told them I would arrive around 7pm and did they have a quiet room. The receptionist told me that I booked into the quiet side. I reiterated I need to be away from the street noise on El Camino Real.

I checked in at 7pm. I asked again if this was a quiet room. She told me this was the quiet side. I went to my room, At first we had the AC on so everything was ok.
However later with pajamas on and ready to sleep we turned off the AC (since it's winter and a bit cold). I could hear the street noise from the busy street. I slept fitfully and woke up at 5am when the noise really ratcheted up.
So either
1. THERE ARE NO QUIET ROOMS at this hotel and there is tons of street noise from every room Or
2.THEY LIED when they said they assigned me to a quiet room despite my email, phone call, and follow up call and my request at check. That is, they just didnt give me a quiet room and lied saying they did.
I am on the fence as to whether they are liars and the rooms at the back of the hotel are quiet, or, they are truthful and this is the best they can do, ie there are no quiet rooms.
Such a pity because the room is really lovely. I would say my room was about 20-25 feet from El Camino Real. El Camino Real is the major thoroughfare running through the towns on the Peninsula parallel to highways 101 and 280.

Put it this way, I did everything I could to insure a quiet room. But, in the end, I could not sleep. I felt lousy the next day.
My daughter is deaf in one ear and sleep just fine.
If street noise bothers you--stay somewhere else. If it doesn't or you are hard of hearing this is a terrific hotel.

Room Tip: You won't get a quiet room even if you phone, email, or in person ask.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank ElizabethStreetMoM
HIXStanford, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2016

Dear ElizabethStreetMoM,

We were so happy to have you stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Redwood City, CA! Please accept our deepest apologies on regards to your unsatisfactory stay with us recently. Our property is located on a main road, and some of our rooms will be quieter than others. We did have you on our less noisy side (which faces another building) however, your room was close to the beginning of the hall; a simple mistake that shouldn't have been overlooked on our part. Agents at our front desk honestly give their all in the pursuit to provided guests with a remarkable stay, we are all very disappointed that you had to leave us not feeling 100% about your stay.
Hopefully we can see you again to make this up to you. :)

Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

We had a meeting early morning in Menlo Park. The hotel is a great value and perfect location. Close to airport and also to Menlo park. The room was large with a very comfortable bed. The management cares at this location, evidenced by a manager written note left on my bed and cleanliness throughout the parking structure and hotel.
I would recommend staying here.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
HIXStanford, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2015

Hello Ethan W,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express-Redwood City. We are pleased to hear that our location was exactly where you needed to be, close and convenient to work and the airport. Management strives to create a family-like environment for all of our guests and we appreciate you taking notice. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 December 2015

Having stayed at many Holiday Inn Expresses I was expecting this location to be the same as past experiences... clean, reasonably comfortable, dated and/or average - which is exactly what the exterior portrays as you arrive.

Inside is a different story - not sure if the update is new but it definitely exceeded expectations! As did the personal touches from the room staff - nice touch, the pictures do more justice than the review.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
HIXStanford, Front Desk Staff at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2016

Hello YYZ_Voyager,

Thank you for your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Redwood City, CA. It was a really pleasure having you visit us! We are so glad to hear that, even though our property may look dated from the outside at first glance, we were able to knock your socks off :)
Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 9 November 2015 via mobile

Great customer service and breakfast (specially the cinnamon rolls). Also, I liked the robot they have to send you stuff to your room- innovative and fun!
The area of the hotel was ok, we were able to walk safely, and public transportation is at easy access

Stayed: November 2015

Dear Liz H,

Thanks for your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Redwood City, CA! We are very happy that you liked our cinnamon rolls :) and our little delivery robot, Relay. Our property does sit right on a main street (the El Camino Real runs from San Jose to San Francisco) but rest assured that it is safe to walk around the area; Redwood City is a cozy little place!
See you again soon!