“Pretty good....”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: Captain Kidd's is a unique restaurant located in beautiful King Harbor in Redondo Beach, CA. With it's breath taking views and wonderful menu its sure to provide you with a great dining experience. Weather you're ordering off of our kitchen menu or selecting your cut of fish from the fish case you're sure to have a delicious meal. We are proud to offer the finest fish from both local and international waters delivered daily to our market. Enjoy a sunset dinner from our 3 patios. And our dog friendly outdoor patio!
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Was told they have the best fish and chips around. Our order got messed up and they "rushed" an order of fish and chips for us and I think that may have been the problem...I think they were cooked to fast or not enough or something cuz they were gooey.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Wanted good seafood in a casual atmosphere and this is the place. You order as you enter then find a seat and wait for your number to be called. The portions were generous and the food overall was good. I wouldn’t recommend the lobster bisque — tasted good, but I expected chunks of lobster— there were none. I’d come back though.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I was in the mood for some great seafood near the beach. It has been a while since I have been to Redondo Beach, we decided to make this today’s adventure destination. We have fresh crab on our mind and after surveying a few restaurants we decided on Captains n Kidd’s. After you enter, they have a fish market right in the premise, you could buy them to take home or you can purchase them and the restaurant would cook them with your choice, such as grilled, pan seared and some items dried. The restaurant counter offer other items like steamed vegetables, drinks, or restaurant styled food such as cocktail shrimp, fish and chips, clam chowders etc. And lastly the live seafood sections with crabs and lobsters in the tank, after you made your selection and paid for them, they will steamed them for you. You choose your tables to sit in the back, enjoy some sunshine and sea breeze. A nice afternoon in Southern California.

1  Thank semanticvision
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

A fair value....fresh seafood....lots of options - dine-in or take-out. Our favorite is the jumbo shrimp and clam chowder.

1  Thank cgriff_leawood
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I've been going to this fish market for decades and am always impressed by the quality and selection of their seafood. Lobsters (fresh and imported), Shrimp in many sizes cooked and raw, great selection of fish. I usually go there for holiday meals to pick up seafood. The restaurant is bench/family style and they will cook and platter your fish and sides for you. Nice selection of wine and beer. This place is down to earth fish market dining but the quality is very good and the value is great. It's always busy particularly around dinner and holiday time.