“A View to a Thrill”
other travellers have booked this property
Livingroom, wide view.
Livingroom, showing doorways to bedroom and bathroom.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Livingroom, wide view.
Livingroom, showing doorways to bedroom and bathroom.
Bedroom, with very comfortable king-sized bed.
Dining area.
View from the kitchen window.
Bathroom, with oversized tub and views.
Lassen View Hideaway, front view.
Back view of cottage.
From a short distance.
Private deck.
View from the balcony.
Red tail hawk.
Wild turkeys at the bottom of the hill.
View of Mount Lassen.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

DarwinND
Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand
“A View to a Thrill”
Reviewed 13 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

My wife had told me she wants a house on a hill. When researching for our trip to Redding this property showed up on an email from TA, perfect. I didn't hesitate to enquire and it ended up being all good. The directions were precise. I didn't need a gps or Google Maps. The keys were as I was told. The house was clean and furnished. All the dished and silverware needed was there. A Microwave, coffee pot, and hot pot were there. There is a deck facing East to Mt, Lassen. The sun rises around there in the morning, a good place for morning coffee or meditation or both. The moon also rises around there for a double bonus. There was wifi as promised and it was fine during our stay. The first morning when I woke up I looked out the front door and what did I see? A family of deer munching on a tree. They saw us but made no move to leave. Quite a sight. We also had wild turkeys, peacocks and jack rabbits stopping by to say hi. A few joys you don't get in the city. But most important of all was my wife was happy and had quite a thrill with the views of Lassen and wildlife. A nice place to stay if you are in Redding for a few days and have your own transportation or just want to camp out in the house. Departure is just the reverse of arrival, leave the keys and shut the door.

Cowgirl12...
Sacramento, California
“Peaceful!!”
Reviewed 7 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

I am reluctant to say anything wonderful of our stay because it could not have been more perfect!!! A hideaway nestled on a hilltop with a view that brings peace and quiet to your soul. Although it was quite warm to sit on the beautiful patio the panaramic view from inside where the A/C cooled things off....was just a nice. Cannot wait to visit in the fall with a chill in the air or the winter after freshly fallen snow tops the tree limbs as this place would look like a postcard. Bed was very comfortable, panoramic views of the canyon brought plenty of light with plenty of privacy as well, a hilly driveway needs some care with loose rock and gravel but a good space to park two good size vehicles or truck, bathroom was bright and huge, TV was good however the reception is not HD...(high definition quality) but was good enough for us as we took advantage of watching a DVD movie and sports...instructions were good. Roxanne provides for Wifi and all in all I wish this place was my own. Thank you Roxanne for a lovely stay...I will surely be back. Can't beat the price for this jewel in the hllls.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being secluded on the mountain...the deer, the view, the peace, the quiet, the comforts of home. Excellent air conditioning.
Liked least: I was happy....to some maybe a stove would be nice. There is a microwave however.
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
missbusy
Orange County, CA
“Better than a Hotel”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We were a little worried after reading a previous review but were were pleasantly surprised. The cottege was clean and comfortable. We loved its location it was so much better than staying in town. We enjoyed watching the deer frolic in the yard. It was very peaceful.

Rooms Location
Cleanliness
Prefertob...
Wichita, Kansas
“Never failed to please”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

We have stayed at the cottage now 6 or 7 times and will continue to to stay there whenever we are in Redding. This visit we saw a lot of deer and a doe with her fawn-amazing. So restful, comfortable, one couldn't ask for more. Thank you Rand and Roxanne for providing such a wonderful stay!

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: There is nothing that we didn't like
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
shastalov...
Sacramento, California
“Filthy- Choose a branded hotel instead!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

I traveled to Lake Shasta for my 10 year anniversary and wanted a quaint and quiet oasis in the mountains. I wanted a place with character that was secluded so I did not choose a mainstream hotel. I booked last minute and found this place to be affordably priced, plus it had great reviews online. When we first arrived it seemed OK, decor a little outdated and grandma-ish but it was tolerable for a small cottage. We first noticed a problem when it was 10 o'clock at night and we were going to bed. My husband noticed numerous human hairs in the bed, they were imbedded in the fabric. Completely disgusted we looked for clean linens in the closet, we found one pillow case and one fleece blanket that had stains on it. It was too late to find another place to stay and we had already pre-paid so we had a horrible night's sleep that night. The next morning my husband called and requested freshly laundered linens, we recieved no apology and he did not seem to believe the complaint. We came home to a made bed with the same polyester comforter set (that we had thrown on the floor earlier) and a different sheet set. We pulled back the covers and found more hairs!!! I don't know if there laundering system doesn't work well or these people are shedding hairs when they make the bed but it's a problem. And guess where that fleece blanket was that we had slept on.... folded up in the closet ready for the next person to use. Just out of curiosity I pulled it out, same exact crusty white stain. I wonder if that stain would come out with basic warm water and soap- what do you know, stain came right out! It would have easily been removed if it was washed! At this point the whole romantic cottage experience was ruined do I went Hotel Impossible on them. Under the couch and bed completely filled with dust & dirt. Couch cushions had a dirty spoon, crumbs and coins in it. Behind the toilet, the beadboard, vent fan completely gross in the bathroom. Window cils filled with dead bugs, cob webs everywhere, dust on everything, scuff marks on the walls, dirt under the rugs.... I could go on and on, basically the place is never deep down thoroughly cleaned. The mattress is miserably firm and the couch is small and umcomfy with the cushions moving around. I'm sure the people are nice but I had no interaction with them but they seem to be lacking hospitality. I wrote this review to save someone else from having a terrible vacation in gross & uncomfortable place!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the view
Liked least: cleanliness
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing