All reviews tennis courts fitness classes pony bar steam shower yoga pavilion each morning private patio toto toilet free mini bar sunken living room walk in closet room service lounge chairs grounds are gorgeous southern california main restaurant soaking tub
Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

I travel extensively for business so when my husband asked me where I wanted to spend our 30th wedding anniversary I said somewhere grand, intimate, that is located in a beautiful secluded setting that does not make me feel like I’m staying in a business hotel! This property is hands down one of the nicest resorts in the country. The location, accommodations, service, amenities, food and ambiance were all outstanding. Our villa was lovely; well appointed, fabulous bedding, a wonderful bathroom complete with a steam shower and a nice surprise in the commode! The freshly squeezed OJ delivered every morning was a wonderful touch and it was a bit chilly in the morning so the fireplace in the living room was definitely used; as was the hot tub in the wrap-around patio that was part of our villa.
We both had the most wonderful massage (Steve was awesome) and we highly recommend the spa and dining in both restaurants.
The hotel staff surprised us with decorating our bedroom with rose petals on the night of our anniversary, which was so romantic!
We can’t thank the staff enough for a truly memorable anniversary getaway. We can’t wait to return!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
RanchoValenciaResort, General Manager at Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Dear joanbJ3677BB,

We are so grateful for your gracious review of Rancho Valencia. Thank you for taking the time to write about us! It's exciting to hear that you enjoyed all of the small touches and details of our resort, and that you can't wait to come back. We will surely be passing along your compliments to Steve and the rest of our team.

In honor of your review, we will be planting wildflower seeds on property to remind us how happiness can spread (and to keep our pollinators fed!). We hope to have you back when they are in bloom!

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 28 October 2018

this was our first visit to rancho valencia, and i am sure it will not be our last. what a special hidden gem. i almost didnt want to write this review because i dont want people to know about this secret place. we were celebrating our anniversary and they made us feel so special from the moment we entered the gates. they always called us by our names, mr and mrs of course, and seemed genuinely happy to see us. our villa was the most comfortable, spacious, tastefully decorated accommodation we have ever stayed in. a full living area, fire place, large patio, wet bar area complete with nespresso coffee, microwave, stocked complimentary mini fridge and snacks. the bedroom was large and comfortable, and the bathroom was huge including a remote control toilet (can you say heated seat?!)
we ate at both the pony bar and veladora restaurant and both were superb, again with impeccable service and inventive, high quality food. thank you to the bartender ted, who wrote out a list of must see and do's for us during our stay. room service was incredible for breakfast, don't miss the lemon souffle pancakes! and don't forget about the daily fresh squeezed orange juice at your door when you wake.
we played tennis and loved the clinics and lessons with doug. we worked out at the gym and played golf, arranged by the lovely vince. the pools were relaxing (even the one that allows children was quiet)
the grounds are impeccable with beautiful fruit trees, including limes in our back yard and wonderful smelling flowers everywhere.
this resort is truly a slice of heaven and i cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
RanchoValenciaResort, General Manager at Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear Lesley F,

Thank you for your graciousness in writing this detailed review of Rancho Valencia. Don't worry, we will always remain a hidden oasis away from the hustle and bustle! I am so happy to hear that you felt special during your stay with us, from the treatment in our restaurants to your tennis lessons and golf.

In honor of your sweet review, we will be planting local wildflower seeds in our olive groves. We hope you come back to see them in bloom!

Thank you for choosing Rancho Valencia to celebrate your anniversary! We wish you all the love and luck together.

Reviewed 27 October 2018

My family had an amazing experience at Rancho Valencia several years back. The ultra quaint, boutique-ish southern California styled resort was a great experience. The private villas were large and luxurious. The pool and other amenities were outstanding. Loved the citrus scent throughout the resort with flowering trees and plush landscaping.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Kurt7dx

Dear Kurt7dx,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, especially coming back to do so years after! I am overjoyed to hear that you loved our resort and grounds. To honor your kind words, we will be planting wildflower seeds on property to keep our pollinators happy. We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Wow! Beautiful location, accommodations, and facilities. Very friendly service from everyone. I took a couple of Pilates classes - really excellent instructors in traditional method. Recommend making spa appointments ahead of time as they do get booked up and couldn’t accommodate a pedicure on the same day for me.
Pony bar is relaxed dining - and the European restaurant is refined cuisine beautifully executed.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
RanchoValenciaResort, General Manager at Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Dear VJGinHK,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your Pilates classes as well as the Pony Room vibe and menu! To spread the joy, we will be planting wildflower seeds on property to feed our pollinators.

We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Every time we drive up to Rancho Valencia, we feel like we’re entering a peaceful respite surrounded by such beautiful foliage and cabanas.

The dining room, Veladora, is tastefully finished to welcome guests, whether a two-top, or a group of 8 or anything in between.

At our dinner this pst week, we were so happy to see the full range of autumn harvest vegetables from Chino farms integrated into the menu.

My husband and I enjoyed the Chino farms corn soup....delicious. I selected the butternut ravioli for my entree and it was delightful.... a small portion which was exactly what I wanted.

My husband chose the sole and he said it was a very good preparation. My son-in-law enjoyed the sous vide duck, and my daughter chose the truffled chicken. Both said their choices were wonderful!

Valet parking is complimentary.
The restaurant is about 10 minutes off of I-5

The property is a very private, beautiful setting.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
RanchoValenciaResort, General Manager at Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear 2beans2000,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We truly appreciate this generous, detailed review of Veladora! I am overjoyed to hear that you and your family all enjoyed your entrees as well as our peaceful respite. I will be sure to pass along the sentiments to our Chef and his team.

In honor of your kind words, we will be paying it forward by planting local wildflower seeds in our olive groves. We hope to have you back to see them in bloom!