See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 November 2015

Check in was easy and the room was clean and neat. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. We stayed in room 202. The street noise may be bothersome if you are a light sleeper. I am so glad my daughter found this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2015

The Ramona Valley Inn could use a little friendly competition. That being said, the housekeeping staff does an excellent job. They are friendly and accommodating and the rooms are very clean.
However, there are a few things you need to know before you go:
1. No plastic liner for ice bucket.
2. No phone in room.
3. No channel guide for the TV.
4. No local information in the room.
5. No coffee maker in the room. There is free coffee in the tiny lobby, but sometimes they do not open until 7am, so if you are an early riser and want a cup of coffee.....
6. Some rooms do not have a clock.
7. Only one pillow per person. Hard to sit up in bed with just one small, thin pillow.
8. One small soap in bathroom to share between sink and shower. Some bathrooms have a shower gel dispenser in the shower, but ours did not.
9. World's thinnest toilet paper.
10. Carpet threadbare and stained.
11. Mattresses seemed old and worn. You will not find pillow top mattresses here.
12. Lots of road noise, but that is just due to location by a busy road.

Just a little more attention to detail and by upping their game, it would be a nicer place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank GigiAlbuquerque
Reviewed 25 July 2015

The room was a standard room but it was clean and well maintained. Even though it is near the road it was quiet and comfortable. The staff gave us excellent recommendations for restaurants and cafes.
No area for children to play. Pet friendly. Near wineries.
Pleasant surprise and would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dorothy B
Reviewed 22 July 2015

The end of May or the first of June I made reservations at Ramona Valley Inn for three days June 26,27 and 28.
I explained to them I was driving a Plymouth Prowler and towing a small 4' trailer and have a bad back that I need a lower floor. I also asked if the room had a refrigerator and iron and blow dryer. They told me no problem they would put me on the east side opposite the pool extra parking. We arrived early Friday the room was not ready but told me what room I had and I could drop my trailer and put it under the stairs in front of the room.
We went to our grand-kids house showered and visited.
Later that day went back to the Motel and got the key I noticed no refrigerator the wife was unloading and hanging up the close I went back to the office and told the girl I was told we would get a refrigerator in our room. She then told me that was on the pool side but they have three that they put on our side upon request ?
She then calls a man in the office and asked him to put a refrigerator in our room he said no that they don't do that any more. OK he then told the girl to move us to the pool side she said she can't they are sold out for the weekend.
OK I have a cooler on my trailer and can use ice.
OK next the person above us doing jumping jacks or exercising till 1:30 am, and started in at 6:am again. Then three or four times during the night we heard noise out side our room I got up look out and watched a couple of Hispanics getting big bags of ice out of the machine and running across the street and driving off. No telephone in the room went up to the office the next morning they said they will talk to the man upstairs they did not seem to care about the people steeling all the ice. I seen The gentleman come out of his room as I was coming back from the office and we met at the stairs, I asked him what he was doing he told me no speak English ?
I started to take as shower and about 5 min in I lost all water pressure so I got all the soap off me and gave up. walked to the office again was told them, they said they would check it out.
When I got back and opened the drapes and had light in the room we could not be leave the dirt and stains in the carpet this place was filthy. I tried to get a couple clean towels from the hose keeping girls, took a while for them to understand English.
Saturday night same exercise class up stairs next morning wife checks out water pressure in shower OK all fixed she jumps in puts shampoo in hair good pressure then HOT water she started screaming I run in and shut it off. She had to get the soap out in the sink, it had cold water. Back to the office again They said they would have a plumber over in 30 minutes. Then the wife wants to iron her blouse and blow dry her hair guess what they did not have them in the room? Then the Spanish plumber shows up ???? I watched him with two sets of pliers taking out the mixer valve he said it was new but he would have to go to the hardware to get another one. I asked him how long he has been plumbing he said I ain't a plumber I just try and help with stuff. Then we told him about the blow dryer he said if I went to the office they will loan me one. We left for the day and around three a clock they called my cellphone and said the shower could not be fixed Sunday they said if we would come back (we were 75 miles away) we could change rooms. I told them to forget it we will shower at our sons and leave in the morning.
They must have talked to the guy upstairs he only worked out from 8 to 1:30 am Sunday night.
All I can say about this dump is they have you no other Motel in Ramona. And All this for $250.00

Room Tip: Up stairs only it is old no sound proofing
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2015 via mobile

This place is amazing! Amazing customer service! Great prices! Looks remodeled! Very quiet, comfy beds, great staff! Stayed here for 1 week, would do it again! Kid friendly, clean pool! Great coffee! When I looked at the reviews when looking for a motel I was very hesitant to book here. Glad I did!

• Stayed: January 2015