“Better than expected”
Review of Pete's Smoked BBQ

Pete's Smoked BBQ
Ranked #23 of 58 Restaurants in Ramona
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I cannot pass by a barbecue place without stopping in and ordering something. That is probably why it took months to drive through Texas. Anyway, James the chef is ensconced in the back of Pete's Liquors. We took away brisket and tried tip. The trip tip was good, the brisket was better, Forget the sauce

Reviewed 11 January 2018

While staying in Ramona, my hotel provided a map and list of local dining spots.

Pete's Smoked BBQ didn't make the list, but as I drove by, I saw the sign and the large smoker outside at Main Street and 10th.

Glad I did. Outstanding! Great barbecue, many many choices for breakfast lunch and dinner, and even six or eight draft beers on tap. My half pound of brisket was loaded with smoky flavor and tender. And only about $7.95.

I loved it so much, I came back at noon the next day to bring a pound of brisket to go back to Las Vegas in my little airplane.

It's certainly not fancy....it's occupies the front of a liquor store! The parking is limited, but I had no problem. But the food sure was delicious.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Called in for ribs one evening based on a recommendation, ribs were only OK and not as good as I was led to believe they would be.
Very disappointed, must have been an off night.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

For a small town not known for its food, Petes was a welcoming stop. The service was great and we enjoyed the young man at the counter. This place is in a liquor store, so it almost seemed weird to find, but was well worth. We did the carry out meat combo platter.. Both Petes and the liquor store have a great selection of craft brews to go with the BBQ. We especially liked the Ribs and pulled pork! The chicken was good. Was not a fan of the brisket as it was a bit dry and over sauced. I like a brisket that is really moist with a great smoke flavor, and this was not even close.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Pete's is in the back of liquor/deli store right on Main Street. They make a decent BBQ - ribs were quite good and had a little spice to them. The spanish rice was nothing special, and the beans were okay. If you are in the mood for BBQ this is a pretty good place.