Lowest prices for your stay
R 5 976
Fully refundable before Sun, 25 Feb
Hotels.com
All reviews yucca valley soft sheets palm springs fantastic stay western style cowboy town comfortable bed unique place joshua tree national park red dog saloon great food and live music harriets pappy motel desert hammocks amenities
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 April 2023

I wanted to love this motel as much as I love their instagram. I should have read the reviews on all the sites before I booked it. I was in Palm Springs for work and took a detour on the way home through Joshua Tree National Park and when I realized Pioneertown was so close, I immediately looked into booking a room at the motel. I paid $505 for one night, after taxes and fees etc, $465 base, literally no clue that it was Coachella weekend, also its nowhere near coachella, so why would you charge higher rates. They profited off of my desire to stay here and pay a stupidly high rate, for no added benefits. They don't serve breakfast, or afternoon wine or cheese. The rooms are NOT soundproof at all. I was woken up from a dead sleep at 1:35 am to my neighbors loudly talking, and apparenlty showering and flushing toilets, which sounds lounder in my room, I guess the pipes are in the shared walls with not insulation. The noise went on until 3 am, it was maddening, and resumed as soon as they woke up the next morning around 830 too.
The ONLY redeeming quality is the comfortable bed and amazingly soft sheets that they had on the bed. I would possibly return with my partner, but I am not willing to spend any more than $200 a night. I have had better rooms and soundproofing in worse places.

Room tip: Choose your trip wisely, they overcharge for no reason
Date of stay: April 2023
1  Thank kelly21812
Reviewed 6 February 2023

Brilliant experience. Great to have pioneertown town to ourselves after the tourists had left. So peaceful. Friendly and helpful staff. Clean and lovely touches in room. Took so many photos and loved the museum.

Date of stay: January 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2022

We stayed at the Pioneertown as a family of four and it was fantastic. Renée and Tom provide a very personal service (even taking the time to explain the flora and fauna around the house) and did everything to accomodate any needs that we had - no matter what time of day. The rooms are furnished in a Western allure yet very practical - not too much, not too little of everything. A community room is available for coffee in the morning or during the day offering free drinking water. The kids have plenty of space outdoors to play, the sunset is spectacular and I am sure we will be back. Thank you!

Date of stay: August 2022
PIoneertown Motel, General Manager at Pioneertown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2022

Thank you 88340Teresa for the Outstanding review. That was very nice of you to take the time.
We greatly appreciate it, and I will be sure to pass this on to Renee.
Take care.

Reviewed 8 August 2022

We've just enjoyed a great short stay at Pioneertown Motel and cannot recommend this place enough.
It was a perfect fun and romantic getaway. You can enjoy stargazing in a hammock, great food and live music at Pappy and Harriets, a drink in the Red Dog Saloon and a stroll around the cowboy town of Pioneertown all without jumping in your car.
The rooms were luxurious and the staff were welcoming and helpful - thank you especially to John and Tom who made our stay extra special.
So if you wish to reconnect with nature and one another with a sense of fun - then book Pioneertown Motel.

Room tip: All rooms seem luxurious and comfy.
Date of stay: August 2022
1  Thank clarebracken
PIoneertown Motel, General Manager at Pioneertown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2022

Good Morning Clarebracken,
Thank you for the Outstanding review. That was very sweet of you. Take care and come back
and see us again.

Reviewed 22 July 2022 via mobile

We were looking forward to this and were so disappointed! Everything is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday so we paid for an over-priced, minimal motel room! The main portions of the website do not indicate this two day shut down during the week, one must navigate to the detailed information about the restaurants to even see it! Otherwise, it’s $200/night minimal hotel room

Room tip: Check the details of every link on the web page
Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 600kateo
PIoneertown Motel, General Manager at Pioneertown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2022

Good afternoon 600kaateo,
Thank you for the review and information on the local restaurant hours. Sorry Google let you down.