Reviews (2 106)
2 106 results
1 339
1 339
All reviews terrace restaurant the royce beautiful grounds ritz carlton japanese garden tennis courts main building lanai building the cottages horseshoe garden beautiful hotel old world residential neighborhood club level turn down service old school valet parking
388 - 393 of 2 106 reviews
Reviewed 14 May 2017

Being at the Langham Huntington recently gave me pause about comparing the grand old hotels of a bygone era to the newer esoteric boutique hotels springing up these days with a flair towards minimalism. The Langham offers up what it used to be like...great service , wonderful corridors adorned with original Artwork , beautiful flowers everywhere.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael B
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Dear WandererChiangMai,

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to note that you enjoyed your visit and especially the grand history and decor of our iconic hotel. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

I have stayed here several times and had occasion to stay again in the two bedroom Ford Cottage at the end of April. Each time I have visited the service has gotten worse, and this visit was disastrous to say the least. We had problems from the time we arrived to the time we left. I would not recommend the hotel, but the problem is there are not a lot of other options in the Pasadena area. There is a Westin, but its next to the freeway in a somewhat bad area of town. There is an old Sheraton as well but I don't recommend that either.

With regard to the Langham, be forewarned that the hotel says its five star, but they actually offer only two star or worse service. The employees are not top notch and the management is not doing its job overseeing their performance. I had numerous problems that could have easily been helped or avoided by effective management.

I had a serious problem at the spa where two employees failed to follow very clear instructions on simple hair and makeup (a clear example of which was also shown in a video that I brought and showed several times to these employees). The incompetence of these employees and their utter inability to correct the situation, even despite my trying to help accomplish this, led to my missing my 30th high school reunion at a school nearby the hotel. The spa manager called to apologize the next day, but since I had missed the event that I came all the way to Pasadena to attend, there was really nothing he could do. He offered to give me free services at the spa but, since I had absolutely no desire to return there, I politely declined. I should also mention that when I first arrived at the spa, there was absolutely no parking left for customers like myself with appointments, as valets had parked wedding guests' cars in all spaces including the driveway, and I was forced to park illegally in order to be on time. The spa staff obviously does not value its guests nor do they ensure that their parking lot is not filled up by special event parking.

There were also numerous room issues including a/c that was set so low (61 degrees) by housekeeping that the unit iced up and failed to work in 95 degree heat during our first evening. This took all evening to resolve and, although the staff responded appropriately, housekeeping was the cause of the problem and it never should have happened in the first place, and having to host workmen all evening completely ruined our first night. The entry and living room of the cottage also had a strange foul odor, as though the carpets or furniture needed cleaning, which was not possible to resolve during our stay.

We had numerous problems with room service not bringing appropriate serving ware and silverware for food ordered (e.g. soup served with no spoons, just forks and knives, two orders of eggs for two different guests served on the same plate with no extra plates given, food not cooked to order, etc.). We complained each time there was an error, but to no avail.

Our two reserved parking spots for the Ford Cottage were repeatedly used by valet staff for parking other guests' cars, leaving us with no parking and forcing us to complain repeatedly to the front desk and security to clear the spaces. No apology or explanation was given by any of the employees we spoke to, who were very nonchalant about the whole thing.

Finally, we were rudely awoken at 5 am on the last day of our stay by workmen installing heaters in our cottage who were unaware of our presence, having not been advised of that fact by the hotel prior to starting work. We called to complain and were given a $200 rebate.

Overall, I DO NOT recommend the Langham Pasadena. Its nice looking, and a grand old hotel, but the service has deteriorated to the point where staying there is far from enjoyable.

If you are forced to stay there, as I was for an event, be forewarned about the customer service issues and be prepared to spend significant time addressing and correcting them at the expense of your time and enjoyment.

Room tip: The cottages at the rear of the property are charming and are a nice option if you have kids or pets
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank cmkr1969

Dear cmkr1969,

Thank you for sharing this detailed feedback with us. I truly apologize for the issues which you experienced during your stay. It is only through our guest feedback that we are able to directly address and correct problem areas, and while I very much wish we had been able to turn your stay around while you were still on-property, we can assure you that each of these issues will be individually address and a solution agreed upon with each department so that it absolutely does not occur again. Gracious and attentive service is a hallmark of Langham and this iconic property and we want to do everything we can to ensure it is being delivered each and every time. We hope you will consider visiting us again so we may have an opportunity to show you an improved stay.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

the reservation was not honored as made. front desk was argumentative over it and stated that no reservation aspects should be considered to be guaranteed. room was dirty at check in, had not been vacuumed hair clips were left on carpet. carpet was dirty as evidenced by dramatic color difference when a piece of furniture was moved slightly. was there for a conference would not stay there for for a self booked trip. business or pleasure.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Langham Hospitality Group
1  Thank jim215

Dear jim215,

Thank you for sharing this valuable feedback with us. I am disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet the high expectations which we set for ourselves, and apologize for the confusion with your reservation and cleaning issues with your room. While indeed some special requests are not guaranteed and based on availability, it is our standard and policy to handle all such inquiries with the gracious service for which Langham is known, and to do whatever possible to honor any requests where something is available. Please know I have spoken with our Front Office about better handling of such situations, as well as our Housekeeping Supervisors to reiterate our standards and ensure that each room is presented upon check-in in the pristine condition which our guests expect. It may be worth noting that all rooms are undergoing a number of refreshments in 2017, including all-new carpeting, drapery, bedding and more. We hope you will consider visiting us again in the future so we may have the opportunity to show you a flawless experience.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

Elegant hotel in beautiful Pasadena. The Langham staff provide stellar service and attention to detail. Variety of restaurants to choose from, and excellent private dinning. It is truly a serene and peaceful experience at the Langham.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Langham Hospitality Group
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear 751wendyt,

Thank you very much for this great feedback about your recent stay! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visit to The Langham, had a chance to experience some of our great amenities on property, and especially that you received such great signature service from our team of professionals. I will be sure to share these comments with our management team, who join me in looking forward to welcoming you back again some time soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

The Langham Huntington in Pasadena is a solid option for those wanting to be in a relaxed area of SoCal.

We arrived for a relatively quick two night stay and were impressed with the classic grandeur of the property. The grounds are nicely kept and the common areas are stylish and expansive.

We attempted check-in around 30 minutes earlier than the official time, and were told our room was not quite ready. So, we did explore the grounds a bit during that brief delay. We were told they would call us when our room was available, however, we did need to go to the desk to actually get our room since no call ever came despite the time that passed.

The room itself was quite nice. Traveling with our young children, we opted for two queen size beds. The beds themselves were firm and comfortable. The bathroom was fairly large and stylish. Our view was mostly of a roof. The toiletries were of high quality and everything was clean and tidy.

The weather during our stay was surprisingly mediocre. So, we ended up not using the pools or other outdoor activities much at all.

Perhaps the most concerning issue, however, was the ability of the hotel to address a problem during our first evening. The Langham Huntington, obviously, hosts quite a number of events such as weddings. Well, for whatever reason, the hotel placed us in a connecting room to a member of a wedding party. So, throughout our first evening/night, a member of the wedding party and her friends repeatedly returned to their connected room to drink, scream (in joy), and cause a general disturbance to the surrounding hotel guests. Not to be a complainer, but by 11 pm, midnight, and 2 am, we had had enough of the disruptions which were affecting our children’s ability to sleep. We called to the front desk on multiple occasions but they were largely ineffective. So, what should have been a restful night’s sleep, ended up simply making us exhausted the next morning. Again, I do not mind people celebrating; however, I do blame the Langham for putting us in a connecting room to a wedding party guest. Simply disappointing.

Overall, I think we would consider the Lagham Huntington again, however, I would specifically request a quiet room away from any wedding party group (which should be consolidated in one area of the hotel regardless!).

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank dukektown
LanghamPasadena, Manager at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Dear dukektown,

Thank you for taking the time to share this valuable feedback with us. We take all guest comments to heart and do our best to make the necessary corrections and ensure any noted issues do not occur again. I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your overall stay, however I do truly apologize for the noise disturbance which you experienced in your room and that our team was not responsive in assisting. Our security team is in place for just these types of occasions and ready to assist at a moment's notice. It is most disappointing to know that we fell short here; please know that I have shared your feedback with the appropriate teams and supervisors so we may do better next time. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon for a truly flawless visit.