Reviews (1 497)
1 497 results
All reviews heavenly bed city hall self parking rooftop pool room service within a mile radius fire pit shuttle service corner room free shuttle front desk staff beautiful hotel old town starbucks coffee per day business trip shops and restaurants
232 - 237 of 1 497 reviews
Reviewed 20 November 2016

Let's see: the hotel was nicely located, a nice stroll to Colorado Avenue and Raymond Avenue which are the streets where interesting shops and restaurants are located; a bright and airy lobby; a decent-sized room, hot tap water on demand (no waiting for the water to heat up); spacious drawers for storage; a useful long bay window seat; a generous work table; nice white shutters that warms up the room ambience; and a comfortable bed .....

But all that goes out the window for me because of the maid service which in a word can only be described as sloppy. The bed was evidently haphazardly made up with the pillows practically just tossed onto the headboard.... everything else they just left as is: my room slippers were in the middle of the room, my bath robe in a crumpled heap on the bay window seat, and even the closet door barely shut. It makes me wonder if they even vacuum the carpet since my slippers were exactly where I left it when I walked out this morning. And with that thought, I cannot help but think that the toilet and bath may not even be perfunctorily cleaned....Ugh! Luckily I carry a travel Lysol and did it myself! On that note, we didn't even get a shower cap or complimentary toothbrushes ---and here i thought these were standard amenities. I mean, the hotel is not budget at $399 a night....having to ask for these amenities just reeks of penny pinching --so not chic!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank happytraveller523
Benito B, General Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2016

Thank you for sharing, and we’re so sorry to know we disappointed you. Our goal is always to provide our guests with a comfortable room at all times, and I am incredibly ashamed to hear of our shortcomings. I am surprised, as we usually get great comments regarding the cleanliness of our rooms - please accept my apologies for not fulfilling your needs, the amenities found in your room are mandated by the brand. We also have additional necessities that can be made available to you upon request. Thank you again for this opportunity to improve. I truly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to show you a more impressive experience

Reviewed 15 November 2016

I was impressed with my recent stay at the Westin Pasadena. For the most part, it exceeded my expectations. The rooms are well appointed and ample in size, which was comforting for my extended stay of 1 week. The gym and pool are fantastic. The only issue that seems rather peculiar at the pool area, is the air intake that is in an otherwise ambient area. An obvious engineering oversight from construction. I'll note that I was attending conference that was partially hosted by the Westin and again, the service was exceptional. I hope to visit again while not on business. (the immediate area is surrounded with amazing architecture and was very safe for night walking etc.)

Date of stay: September 2016
1  Thank Devolicious
Reviewed 15 November 2016

The Westin has everything you might need. Located within walking distance from lovely shops and restaurants, it is perfectly situated for exploring the city. Lovely view of historic City Hall. While not boutique or quaint, it is comfortable, clean, and well appointed (including thick cotton sheets and complimentary Starbucks coffee. I would definitely go back. My only complaint was the tiny parking spaces. What were they thinking?

• Trip type: Travelled on business
MDaddonaHEI, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

Thank you for taking a moment to share your valued feedback. We're very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and we trust we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 14 November 2016

We simply loved the architecture of the hotel. The front desk and valet service was awesome. However, the service in the room for shampoo, and other bathroom replenishment was lacking. They did not replenish the shampoo, coffee or tea. The location of the hotel to downtown Old Pasadena was very good with it being only a few blocks away. The Heavenly beds were listed as queens but seem more like double beds. The Heavenly beds were very comfortable, the best night sleep we've had in a long time. We can't wait to order our Heavenly Beds.

The fitness room and swimming deck were on the 4th floor with beautiful view of city hall and the surrounding hillsides. A great place to sit by the pool and unwind. We'd love to come back for another trip.

Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

My room had views to the lovely city hall. Beautiful hotel, very confortable rooms and complimentary starbucks coffee (to make by your own). I loved it! Good room service too, with a lot of option even after hours.

Trip type: Travelled on business