“Salmon Picatta? Yes and Very Good!”
Review of Russell's

Russell's
Ranked #4 of 793 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: No description available.
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

During a family visit to Long Beach we decided to visit a friend, in Pasadena, that I had not seen in 14 years. I had viewed the menu on the ride from Long Beach and was set on trying the Salmon Picatta. Once in Pasadena We walked around and viewed menus of the many restaurants in the area and I kept thinking of the Salmon Picatta. I have had Chicken Picatta on many occasions but never Salmon Picatta. I was not disappointed the Salmon was cooked perfectly, the Green Beans maintained their crunch and was flavored nicely and the mashed potatoes had the every now and then comforting lump that you only get from ‘made from scratch! All of us enjoyed our meals....my husband the meatloaf and my friend the Alfredo linguine. Oh and the lentil / vegetable soup was a great start....I always mix my soups.

1  Thank JohnnyandBetty

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Overall a nice dining experience - nothing really exceptional, but better than average. Pretty good service and average atmosphere. Probably would not visit again unless someone in my party wanted to dine here.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Anyone can find something yummy to eat here. A simple poached egg or the best French toast- it is all excellent with warm and quick service.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

Great place for breakfast or dinner. The food is worth the wait in the mornings and very good at night. The pies are outstanding.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

My husband and I were in Pasadena for 1 night and noticed the day before that Russells had a large queue outside - we thought it must be good if that many people are waiting!

As breakfast wasn't inlcuded at our hotel, the following morning we went along to Russells and timed it perfectly as we didn't have to wait too long for a table. We were lucky enough to be allocated a window booth.

The decor is elegant and quirky; the restaurant is cosy but had a really good vibe, with people chatting over breakfast and soft jazz playing in the background.

The breakfasts are amazing! My husband had the breakfast burrito and I had the corned beef hash with poached eggs & bagels - the portions were huge and delicious. Unfortunately, I couldn't eat all of mine; we made the most of the free refills on coffee and soft drinks!

The serivce was friendly and highly attentive. The only reason I haven;t given Russell's 5 stars is due to the price; it's quite costly for breakfast, but then if massive portions are your thing, then it's probably a good deal!

If you're in Pasdena, visiting Russell's for breakfast is a must!

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank KentishBullies

Been to Russell's? Share your experiences!