“Lunch with coworkers”

Green Street Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Green Street Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 747 Restaurants in Pasadena
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Green Street Restaurant is where Pasadenans go to enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner and it's been a Pasadena tradition since 1979. It is centrally located just off South Lake Avenue and is within walking distance of hotels, the convention center, the Pasadena Playhouse and popular shopping areas. Green Street has an eclectic menu featuring savory salads (the ever popular and addicting Dianne Salad is ordered over 2,000 times per week), tasty meats, fresh fish and creative sandwiches served on wonderful breads. Guests enjoy a full bar and interesting wines by the glass on a beautiful patio or in the airy interior. Take-out and full catering services are also available.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I would like to start my comment by saying that Green Street Restaurant is NOT on Green Street but on Shoppers Lane which is practically an Alley. There is a parking structure adjacent to this restaurant and plenty of surface parking half a block away.
If you are there for lunch the salads are great and each dish will feed two people, so you will definitely be satisfied with the portions. There is outdoor seating available and the ambiance is great for lunch or dinner. This is one of the finer restaurants in Pasadena, if you have not been there, try it you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I had been hearing about how wonderful this restaurant is for years, however never had the right time and the right place alignment to get me here.

We celebrated an office colleague's Birthday here and I was/am immediately hooked.

Our Waitperson was very knowledgeable on every dish and when I asked about one salad vs. another she immediately suggested the (now I can't remember the name) _______ vs. their famous Diane Salad since one of the others was ordering the Diane and described this one as akin to having SURPRISE of different flavors and tastes in every bite. She was so right. It was wonderful.

Everything was great and fairly priced, especially considering their PRIME Pasadena location one block east of Lake Street. Strongly recommend Green Street and encourage utilizing their take out - I observed several different people come in to pick up their orders and the process was fast and easy, and the packaging clearly designed for easy transport.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

If you go out very often, its easy to get tired of certain favorites and go looking for something new. We've visited this restaurant numerous times, but not for several months until recently.

Green Street has adopted a new menu - many of the old faves are still included, but new choices are also offered. On our most recent visit, my wife ordered the wedge salad with shrimp and thousand island dressing, and I ordered the southwestern chicken sandwich.

As usual, service at Green Street is very quick and efficient, so we wasted little time ordering and then having our meal arrive. Likewise, the food was excellent and the prices reasonable. If the meal is too large, as is often the case with their dinner salads, the helpful staff will box up any leftovers and send them home with you.

Green Street is the sort of restaurant at which you could eat most of your meals - morning, noon and night. They offer lots of choices and I have never had a bad meal at this restaurant. It may not be the fanciest place in town, but the food is good, the prices are reasonable and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We've been coming here since Mike Hawkins first opened his restaurant on Green Street many years ago. This is our go to place for family gatherings, for breakfast, brunch & a great night out. While the menu is diverse, we always order the Diane Salad - Mike's secret recipe!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I go to Green Street frequently. I may not be the best person to review the menu because I always get the same thing. They do have a great menu though. I ate there once with my brother and he ordered something else and liked it. I always get the Diane Salad. Shredded lettuce with almonds and what seems like very small noodles, with a perfect light dressing accompanied by zucchini bread.The ambiance is quite pleasant you can sit inside or outside. Fill bar.