“So romantic!!”
Review of Parkway Grill

Parkway Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Parkway Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 747 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: California
Description: Since 1984, Parkway Grill has specialized in a seasonal, market-driven approach to cooking that incorporates diverse influences and classic French technique. Demonstrating the ultimate commitment to fresh produce, the Parkway Grill planted its own organic vegetable and herb garden behind the restaurant. Tiki Salad, Brick-Oven Baked Cambozola Pear Flat Bread, and Whole Ginger Fried Catfish are long-time favorites. The design of the Parkway Grill is a study in casual sophistication, striking a perfect balance between elegance and rustic approachability. The brick walls are adorned with elegant paintings by Millard Sheets and mixologists prepare hand-crafted cocktails at the expansive bar, an original from 1920's Chicago. Parkway's award-winning wine cellar, comprised of upwards of three thousand bottles, includes a broad selection of wines served by the glass.
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

I went here with my boyfriend while on a little vacation. Beware the pricing is a little high but definitely worth it! We first ordered the lamb lollipops as an appetizer. I am weary of lamb because I have had too many experiences where the lamb is cooked too long and tough and dry and just tastes plain awful! But this was the most tender and juicy lamb I have ever tasted!! I then ordered the braised beef short ribs for dinner. Again another winner. And the Parmesan mashed potatoes literally had melted cheese flowing through the potatoes!!! Definitely would recommend for a romantic dinner! ❤️

Reviewed 31 July 2016

I eat in this restaurant dozens of times for business and family union. It is one of my favorite restaurant in Pasadena. Valet parking is good. Dining environment is great. Tuna tartare and crab cake is my favorite for appetizer. For steak, filet mignon is always my first choice and really good. Pasta and grilled fish are not impressive from my point of view. What really makes this restaurant my favorite is its appetizer -- the crème brûlée, must try... so so yummy!!!

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Always excellent. Have been there several times for special occasions and have always been impressed with quality of food and service.

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

I am a repeat patron of Parkway Grill. The locally owned restaurant is one of several in the area from siblings who are well respected in the area for creating restaurants that have highly regarded chefs who make carefully composed (and tasty) dishes, using locally sourced ingredients (including from an herb/vegetable garden on the same lot). I also love the ambiance of this restaurant: smell of wood burning stove, dimly lit enough, wood paneled walls, din of piano bar in background, has a classic steakhouse feel, in the most sophisticated sense of that notion. Servers are always knowledgeable and attentive. Most assuredly a favorite in Pasadena.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Located right in Old Pasadena. Great location. The ambiance is quite good - a bit dark, but will lots of wood. The drink menu has plenty to offer. I am a huge fan of barrel aged cocktails. They had more than 6 to choose from. I opted for an Old Fashioned. It was smooth and flavorful. Ended up having 1 more with my meal. For an appetizer, we split the Tiger Shrimp Corndogs. The chili sauce was sweet with just a hint of spice. The batter was flavorful as well. All in all, a very good starter.

For dinner, we shared the lamb chops (excellent) and the braised short rib (very good). Both came with potatoes - one was golden and one was purple. The seasoning was quite different as well. Both were delicious!

When in Pasadena, N*joy!