“Great for business or personal dinners”

La Grande Orange Cafe
Ranked #1 of 719 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Del Mar
Transit: Located along the light rail at the Del Mar Station.
Reviewed 15 October 2017

We needed a business dinner location for a group of 10. This restaurant delivered. The food, service, and ambiance were excellent. We ate on the patio, so it was easy to hear (which is saying something... a lot of restaurants in the LA area are very noisy and don't lend themselves to business dinners where conversation is critical.) If you want the patio, be sure to request it when you reserve your table. Reservations are a must.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Came here with my wife and four year old for lunch. Service was very fast and we were seated quickly. The decor is old California style with the gold line train runninf through the building. There is patio seating as well.

Our waiter was very nice and attentive. I had the short rib carne asada tacos, my wife had a salad, and my son, the cheeseburger.

Would love to see this place at night.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

We've eaten dinner and lunch here for years, with various companions whose tastes differed greatly. There is something for almost everyone (not much for vegans). The patio and main dining room are beautiful; so is the bar. The food and drinks are top-notch.The only downside for us is the loud music. The tables are far enough apart to avoid hearing other people's conversations, which seems to be a rarity in the L.A. area. But sometimes the music volume makes it difficult to converse at one's own table.

Thank Elizabeth H. T
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Your experience will be different if you choose the patio, the bar, or the main dining room. We have enjoyed them all. The food is good, the drinks are always great. (Good Bloody Mary's!) I swore I hated Brussels sprouts until I tried their salad with manchego cheese and hazelnuts. We almost always order tacos and French dip sandwiches. Their desserts are wonderful. I wish they'd bring back their hot fudge sundae, it was the best! They serve complimentary salted chocolate chip cookies as you leave via the front door, which is a nice touch. Located in the old Pasadena Train Station (original light fixtures)-this spot is located right at the Gold Line Metro stop, so convenient if you're on your way to Chinatown or headed to Old Towne. Fun! Too bad I can't check that we've been here for brunch, lunch, drinks, dinner & dessert...

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

The entree nachos are great. Their Merlot by the glass is a must. Their fish taco is delicious so is the tuna burger so is their burger. Their cheesecake is delicate.....I love it there and the service is very friendly and helpful.