All reviewsfridge and microwavebed was comfortableretroneighborhoodmotelnoise
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Easily the best motel in Pasadena. I stayed at the Astro for a week while I was working in Burbank and I was totally impressed across the board. The rooms were clean and modern, there were new appliances including a fridge, microwave, and a really nice large HDTV that got all the major cable channels. Best of all was the customer service from the entire staff but especially from the manager Sam. He always went above and beyond to make sure my stay was a pleasant one. Couldn't recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank richbr0dy
Reviewed 30 November 2017

The people are nice, rooms are nice but they have more rooms than parking spaces so they take your keys and double park cars. There's $1000 dollars worth of paint damage to my Lexus and that's not good

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank rnemovi2002
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Honestly I LOVED this hotel! I rented a King-sized room and it was lovely - clean, modern and very comfortable. Location is great, really close to a lot of the basics and just far outside of LA enough to skip the traffic when I was driving. Fridge & a microwave as well, both new and lovely. The carpet and all the fixtures were obviously new and very tasteful, and it was hands down the cleanest, nicest bathroom I stayed in all trip. The airline lost my bag and were late delivering it to the hotel, so I was frantically calling and stopping by the front desk all hours looking for it, and the staff were nothing but accommodating and friendly every single time.

I couldn't recommend this place highly enough! I know a friend who stopped by to pick me up was equally impressed and has already recommended it to other visiting friends. I'll definitely stay again next time I'm in LA.. thank you Astro Pasadena for making my stay in LA so comfortable :)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2017

My first red flag was when i emailed the hotel prior to check in to find out more information and i did not receive a response. The second was when i called to inquire and was hung up on twice then finally got an extremely rude answer.

Upon arriving at the 'hotel' (motel with some red plastic inappropriately screwed to the front of the furnishings now = hotel, obviously), i was able to check in with ease, 30 minutes before check in time and the man at the front desk was much more pleasant in person. I thought it was going to be ok after all.

Upon entering the room (past the cigarette filled trash cans outside my door), i noticed the room had been updated with a modern twist. Nice idea however, nobody seems to have got the memo that hotel rooms need to be cleaned after every guest, not just paint over the filth once every decade. The walls on the right as i walked in were covered in dirt and had streaks running down them from some sort of liquid.

The bed sheets had stains and looked as if they had seen better days though thankfully, they had been washed. The surfaces around the room were all covered in hand prints and sticky residues. I took the wash cloths from the bathroom and cleaned them before i could begin unpacking and managed to scrape some of the caked on food out of the remote so that i dared use it.

Upon entering the bathroom, i noticed the mirror was cracked and somebody had carved letters into it. The door was covered in toothpaste and other residues that i can only hope were not fluids excreted from another human. The towels were very small and thin but perfect for cleaning a hotel room. I would recommend using the hotel ones for cleaning and bringing your own to take a shower.

On a positive note, the tv has an excellent selection of channels, just make sure you are watching something with plenty of color so you cant see the hand prints and the wifi was very good. There were some nice lights with dimmer switches at the side of the bed which were a nice alternative to lamps. I assume the dollar store extension cable hanging above the door powering who knows what has actually been a fantastic investment.

If you need to sleep and you don't mind listening to your upstairs neighbors using the bathroom and you will be on your way again the next morning, this place is perfect.

Room Tip: A tent in the parking lot might be a good option.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
7  Thank Holly S
Reviewed 10 July 2017

The room was very clean and the motel was cute with a retro feel. Stayed one night and for the price it was better than I expected. Turned the air on and it was very cold and the fan blocked out any outside noise. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends