“Nice atmosphere.”
Review of Urban Plates

Urban Plates
Ranked #60 of 719 Restaurants in Pasadena
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Came here for a get together with high school chums I haven't seen in ages. The set up was great. Sandwiches, salads and plates all had different stations. I had chicken boasted and it came with two sides. I had beautiful Brussel sprouts, which were to die for and broccoli. We sat I kid you not for 5 hours...omg, they never kicked us out...I will come here again, but promise I won't stay that long!

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

This is a really nice cafeteria style restaurant. Lots of gourmet foods. Amazing salads. Lots of delicious hot dishes. Check out the photos of the grilled chicken, Brussel sprouts, and the tomato and mozzarella salad. Beer and wine too.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Urban plates has a cafeteria style set up but really good quality, well cooked, tasty dishes. There are salads, several entrees, about 7-8 different sides, plenty of desserts and adequate beverage options.

Dinner for two came to about $40, including a draft beer (Stella Artois). From that, I took enough home for my lunch the next day.

Two hours of validated parking is available.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

When I first walked in, I was confused. It is not a traditional setup restaurant. It is kind of a cafeteria but nothing like elementary school. I was trying to figure out the menu & the options while people were pushing past me. I finally understood what I needed to chose. I had a grilled chicken sandwich and a cup of the tomato basil soup. Fantastic quality! Fresh ingredients! Hey, wine & beer. By the time I sat down, I liked the place. Of course, I noticed not only was I the only person not on an iPhone but everyone was about 30 years younger than me...

Reviewed 26 July 2017

UP came recommended with two thumbs up so I finally got there given the many eateries in LA. The cafeteria style set up was not what disappointed us but rather that the main food entrees, salmon and spare ribs were barely warm and not hot. The side dishes that were added were substantial but the Brussels sprouts/bacon side was drenched in oil and the caramelized veggies were blackish, way overcooked. Plus the cold salads all have red onions and I am sensitive to raw onions so that was a no go;-(. In all fairness there are many other choices but I think that fish/ meat has to come off the grill and when it sits on a cutting board, it can be forgiving but it is not top notch and sorry, not a repeater.