“Las Casuelas is a must go to place in Palm Springs.”

Las Casuelas Terraza
Ranked #78 of 352 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Price range: US$0 - US$18
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: In Spanish "Cazuela" means earthenware cooking pot, stewpot or casserole. When the Original Las Casuelas opened in 1958, their marketing company misspelled the name as "Las Casuelas." Money was tight in those early days, so Florencio and Maria Delgado adopted this spelling as the name of their restaurant. It quickly became proprietary and synonymous with excellence and tradition. The recipient of numerous awards for food, service and architecture, Las Casuelas Terraza is a favorite of locals who consistently vote it Palm Springs' "Most Popular Restaurant." Terraza's two leafy patios, live music, delicious food and fresh drinks, make it ideal for a romantic date, a festive lunch or fun family night out.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We have been going to Las Casuelas for decades. It is my favorite bar in Palm Springs. I know they have food, but I go there for the drinks, music and people watching. I should say that their guacamole (order chunky not smooth) is great. Their salsa is OK, but milder than I like. That is all I know about the food.
There are 2 bars, one inside and the other (you guessed it) outside. They have live music and bands that are made to order for the venue and demographic - oldies, easy rock and requests. Watching the crowd dance is endlessly interesting. There are all types, from bikers to families to daters. Everyone hangs out easily with the music and energy.
Since I drink beer, I can't comment on the drinks, except Carol likes the mango margaritas. The bartenders are friendly and part of the attraction. Romero and Beto are great. The crowd varies and is always different, but we have found it easy to start conversations or be more private if wanted. Tourists are generally friendly and happy.
Las Casuelas is a great spot for music, drinks and people watching. I always enjoy it. Go, it is fun and I guess they have food too.

Write a ReviewReviews (2 002)

22 - 26 of 2 003 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

A fun Mexican restaurant with live music I'm only going to recommend this place for delicious chilled margaritas and appetizers.

After dining in this establishment three or four or more times we have found that sometimes we don't even get our food order but it is a nice place for appetizers again and Cocktails.

Ample parking to the rear of the restaurant open daily a fun place.

3 ☆☆☆ Stars

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

The food is very good. Their margaritas are amazing. The service is also good. They do need to work in their air conditioner, Palm Springs is hot and is not very nice to get in a restaurant and is also warm.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

The ambiance makes you feel like you are on vacation in Mexico, very genuine! The entertainment are live bands, most are very good. Service is friendly and efficient. The food is average, nothing special but eatable!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Recommend sitting out on the patio, the live music is great.
Recently went with my daughter and granddaughter, I ordered the enchiladas and it was quite good. I think next time I would order something a little lighter.
I liked the atmosphere in this restaurant particularly on the patio.