All reviews rooftop pool starbucks reserve front desk mountain view high bar floor to ceiling windows free wine hour plug ins restaurant downstairs smack dab in the middle modern luxury hang clothes yoga mat a city view room desk area walking distance to everything in downtown stylish hotel
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I'm not sure where to start but first I need to call out people who stood out. David in 4 Saints! My daughter said no one will ever compare to him now! Seriously, he was so friendly and attentive. He made the perfect recommendations and also gave us dessert on the house (because I made him laugh so hard!). The next night when my daughter and I saw him in the bar, he gave us such a familia hug. Ashley at the front desk for making our warm cookies (room service) appear after the Juniper Table was closed. Eduardo at the front desk who helped with my iphone. Kevin, concierge made great suggestions. The manager at 4 Saints who remembered us from the first night and asked us about our museum trip.

About the hotel now. It is very clean, new and stylish. The rooftop pool is beautiful and the service is attentive. There is a gas fireplace for head off the evening chill.

The food at 4 Saints was the best on the trip along with Juniper Table. Farm has a great atmosphere but Juniper Table is top notch. Get the seared ahi tuna wraps and the broccoli farro salad. The daily quiche was superb both days with a crisp, fresh, crunchy salad served on top.

We stayed in two rooms, the Mtn View and Spa Mtn View. I loved both rooms. I will say the only downside is that you can hear things dropping and people coughing in other rooms. The last two nights were very annoying because the women next door was sick and we could hear her all night. Yes, I felt sorry for her, but geesh, it was really loud. The views are wonderful though and my daughter and I loved having a terrace. I heard that there is a hotel being built across the street so I hope that doesn't ruin the Rowan's view.

Evening wine tasting was good. Some nights they had appetizers some nights they did not so I would suggest consistency here.

The proximity to restaurants, shopping and hiking was great. I woke up both mornings and did the 4 mile hike loop about two blocks away. Came back and used the work out room. The work out room is the best facility I have seen in a hotel. Great light, machines, yoga mats, balls, rollers, bands, etc. They pretty much had everything.

We will definitely be back. We loved everything about this hotel. It's minimal decor works well. The green couches in the lobby are eye candy. Super cool and very comfortable.

One more thing to note. The play list in the lobby was spot on. Whoever is in charge of the music selection nailed it.

Room Tip: We loved the mtn spa rooms. Just get a room on the top floor as it gets you away from the street.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Abe L, General Manager at Kimpton Rowan Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi momskiseattle,

Whoa! What an amazing detailed review. I couldn't have described the place any better! So happy you enjoyed, please come back soon!

On the music note, Kimpton actually has a Brand Music Director! She's the best!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

A beautiful hotel that is located in the heart of everything and such great service! Second time here and we are enjoying it all. Great pool for kids and 4 Saints Restaurant was perfect. Looking forward to the weekend and trying all the amenities.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hi Ron V,

Thanks so much for your review! Sounds like your stay was top notch, even the kiddies had a great time. More and more retail shops, dining options and bars are opening in the Downtown development. I look forward to introducing each of them to you during your next stay.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

This hotel was newer, modern, and located conveniently next to a starbucks, and a street full of restaurants. You could also walk to the Palm springs art museum.

I reached out to this hotel prior to my visit, because we have dog allergies within my family. Abe and his team were able to accommodate my family's' needs. They have 2 floors that pets are not allowed on, so it worked out for us!:)

My only complaint was there was a $25 charge to have a microwave in the room. I've stayed at multiple hotels with microwave requests and never have had to pay a fee. A microwave was a must to accommodate my child's food allergies.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hi DaniTravelers2016,

Thank you so much for your review. It was a pleasure meeting you during your stay with us. So happy the entire family had a good and safe time with us. We aim to please and glad we took care of you all. See you soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

This feels like a “budget” Kimpton (at a premium price). Rooms are poorly outfitted, with an open bathroom that I was sooo glad I didn’t have to share, plus cheap finishes and furniture (think West Elm). Walls are paper thin, so be sure to bring earplugs. Service is hit or miss. Staff is mostly friendly, but sometimes lacking in training. The first room they checked me into was already occupied (do they even have reservations computers?) and we were lucky nobody was present (or on the toilet) when we entered the room. They tout free coffee in the mornings in the lobby (obviously to save the expense of putting coffee makers in the rooms), but if you want a cup after the 9 am cutoff time it will cost you $4. Location is only for tourists, smack dab in the middle of the tackiest section of North Palm Canyon Drive. Rooftop bar is crowded after 4 pm when it opens up to the public and they give no priority to guests. Will definitely avoid this hotel in the future.

Stayed: March 2018
3  Thank SonomaMark
Abe L, General Manager at Kimpton Rowan Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Hi SonomaMark,

Thanks for your review. I am sorry to hear about your experience. Would love to connect with you directly. We take feedback seriously and look to improve with every piece that we receive. My email is below, would love to connect.

Abe.liao@rowanpalmsprings.com

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We had a great stay in this newly opened hotel in the center of palm springs. The hotel is within easy walking distance to everything in the city one half block off the main street. Our room was beautiful with a small balcony and views of the hills. The bathroom was large with both a bathtub and large shower. It was a little disconcerting and pretty cool that the bathroom was in the room with all glass walls (yes you can see into the shower) until we discovered it had built in blinds (still cool but less disconcerting) As always in a kimpton a wonderfully comfortable bed, great staff, free wine hour and bikes to borrow. The hotel has a contemporary low key vibe with comfortable common spaces. The rooftop pool and bar are beautiful and have plenty of seating. There is also a bar in the lobby with a very cool window over the bar with views of the hills. Strongly recommend. We would definitely stay again

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VacaAllie

Hi VacaAllie,

Thanks so much for your review. Glad you enjoyed your experience. One note on the shower windows, yes indeed, some of our rooms have this feature. If it's a little too "open", we have many room categories that do not have this feature and are happy to accommodate. All of our two bedded Queen Queen rooms and suites do not have this feature.