“Don’t Waste Your Time”

Lulu California Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Lulu California Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 354 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We were looking for a pleasant lunch place, and this was not it. We waited for 15 minutes on Good Friday. We chose to have them text us when the table was ready so we could walk around, which they did. When we got back within a few minutes, the table wasn’t ready, and they didn’t know why they had texted us to tell us it was ready. They then gave us a table with a view of the kitchen.

We all ordered drinks and an entree. I ordered the tuna, artichoke, and provolone panini. It was a bunch of tuna mush with a faint taste of artichoke. My friend’s meals were equally as sub-par. We were very disappointed. The menu was overwhelming- way too many options. They would do well to cut down the menu in half and focus on the quality. It was just too many options for any kitchen to do a good job on.

Then, we had the pleasure of having to listen to a manager argue with a customer over the timing and mistakes made by his employee right behind us. I don’t think many were enjoying their meals that day.

The ambiance is nice, so with a good rethink it could do much better, but as it is I wouldn’t recommend considering it...especially as there are many better options on that street,

Write a ReviewReviews (4 267)

248 - 252 of 4 267 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This airy spot has great 80's decor but the food was just eh. I had a Mojito and was not sure after I tasted it what they thought a Mojito was.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Busy night, but normal for a long weekend in Palm Springs. We were a party of eight. Nice server, perhaps a bit slow, but it was a near full house. We all ordered from the $19.99 three course menu. I wanted the Tilapia, but it was $2.99 extra....for Tilapia?? I had the chicken picatta with linguini. My plate was dirty, the chicken was flavorless and the pasta was inedible. Two of my friends had lasagna that was a big pile of dry meat, and the others had bow tie pasta that was inconsistent - the salt and pepper shakers made their rounds a number of times! My husband had the meatloaf...moist and yummy! Shoulda had the meatloaf.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Got a recommendation from a local merchant. Restaurant did not disappoint. Menu has set price for 3 or 4 course meal. Enjoyed the atmosphere. Liked the Pear salad and tilapia. Highly recommend pistachio creme brûlée and pound cake. Pound cake is not your normal pound cake. It appears to be made in a muffin cup and comes warm with crisp edges and vanilla ice cream. Yum!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Very good wait staff and service terrific. The food was really poor quality although the prices were good. Great for being outdoors and watching people go by though.