“Lunch for all seasons”

Jim & Rob's Fresh Grill
Ranked #14 of 98 Restaurants in Ojai
Price range: US$5 - US$8
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Locally owned and operated, fresh Mexican and American food. "Best Burger in Ojai" according to the Ojai Valley News. We have a full bar and happy hour specials! Sit out on the patio for the perfect Ojai experience!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a combination sports bar cantina and fast food eatery. Everyone comes for the just made as you order Mexican-centric food or a casual lunch at the cantina watching a variety of sports.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

The atmosphere here is laid back, but all the personnel are on top of their specified task. I like the Watkins burger, a hamburger from cattle raised on grass and organic pasture.
I usually call for takeout, which is ready when I arrive. I am gluten free, so I get my hamburger medium rare, wrapped in lettuce, bring it home, and heat it for 10-15 minutes in Microwave at about 250 degrees Fahrenheitt. Since is it medium rare, it doesn't get dried out. I keep gluten free bread at home; I put mayonnaise on one side, and mustard on the other. It is nice and warm like that. The Watkins burger is always tasty. The hamburger comes with onions, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and a bun. You can order cheese.
Jim and Robs also serves delicious fried potatoes; black or kidney beans (Mexican style), rice, burritos and tacos, corn dogs and quesadillas. They also have chicken tenders and ice cream.They have a kids menu. I had the fried onion rings and thought they were too greasy. There is a condiment shelf with spicy, mild spicy, and no spice sauces, and pico de gallo sauce; all serve yourself. The beverages are self-serve at the counter. Water is free. There is also a large selection of bottled drinks, including my favorite, ginger lemonade. There are no reservations, the restaurant is plenty big to handle crowds. There are two restrooms which are for both genders. Jim and Robs' also has a fast take out service.
For breakfast, my friend always orders scrambled eggs, and coffee, which leave her very satisfied. Hours are from 8AM to 9PM. Prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

This was our first visit to this little restaurant. The atmosphere is simple. It is like an upgraded fast food place because you order at the side counter and they bring you your food. My husband had the chili colorado and a side salad. He said it was very good. I had chicken taquitos and a side salad. It was very good. The strongest point here is that they have a lot of food to chose from and whatever you choose it will fill you up!

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

I love this place the food is always great and now they have a really nice patio to sit on. The menu is diverse, I love the bowls and according to my husband the burgers are to die for!

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Had a quick bite here. Tacos and burritos all arriving promptly and food was very fresh and delicious. Lighter than average Mexican food