All reviews typical courtyard nice hotel small refrigerator walk in shower nice pool area would stay here again two queen beds front desk staff minute drive top floor a great stay easy access clean rooms room was large lobby elevator race
Reviewed 28 March 2017

I stayed here for business ( 5 nights). Very good hotel, clean. The staff is friendly- Excellent service. Food at Bristo is good. the only disadvantage is no lunch. However, you can walk next door near to residence Inn .

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

I Stayed for business three nights. Good and clean hotel with nice outside area with the pool.
Good food in the bistro and nice staff. Easy access with car and to get around. Nothing to do in the area next to the hotel.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

I checked in and noticed the room had a strong vibration noise sounding like a train was going through it. I went out for dinner and when I came back it was worse. I called the front desk and they explained it was their air-conditioners.

I asked to be changed to a different room and was told the only room available was a handicap accessible room. The parking lot is empty. The lobby is empty. The hotel is empty.

The staff here is poorly trained and does not accommodate guests very well. I would stay away.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Steven B
Scott H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Dear Steven B.,
Thank you for staying at the Oceanside Courtyard and sharing feedback from your visit. Please accept our sincere apologies for the noise issue you experienced in your guest room during your stay. We have shared your comments with our Engineering team to ensure the A/C unit that was causing this vibration is repaired immediately.
During the dates of your stay, the hotel was at capacity despite the number of cars in the parking lot or activity in the lobby. It’s unfortunate that we didn’t have more available rooms to accommodate your request to be relocated. Thank you again for sharing your experience and allowing us to make improvements. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again when your travels bring you back to Oceanside.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Generally, hotels are rated on not only cleanliness but on customer service. We recently stayed at the Courtyard SD Oceanside for State Cup. Our weekend seemed to be plagued with instances that would normally turn us away from the hotel. However, the Assistant General Manager, Marcus Glade, handled each situation with such great professionalism that resulted with us walking away happy and willing to stay there again. The hotel itself was very clean, beds were extremely comfortable, and the pool area was extraordinary.

Room Tip: During a busy weekend, the top floor is the most quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Scott H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

Dear Pia T.,
Thank you for staying at the Oceanside Courtyard during your recent visit for the State Cup. We appreciate the positive comments you shared regarding your interaction with our Assistant GM, Marcus Glade. I will make sure he is recognized for his efforts to improve your experience while at the hotel. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again when your travels bring you back to Oceanside.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

We booked this hotel room because my daughters club soccer team was playing in a tournament directly across the street. We were pleasantly surprised how nice and friendly the hotel was, as I have been to other hotels with large groups of kids and the hotel staff always seems on edge. The hotel pool was heated which was super nice so the kids could enjoy a quick swim and not have to freeze. The ice machines never had ice in them and the elevator on our side of the hotel stopped working the night we stayed there which was a bummer. The front desk person never had a problem filling up my ice bucket and was very apologetic about the inconvenience it caused me. I would've given them a 5 star recommendation if it werent for the ice maker and the elevator... I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent stay at the Oceanside Courtyard Marriott. We are glad that you were satisfied with the product and services you received while attending your daughter’s soccer tournament. Please accept our apologies for the mechanical issues with the ice machines and elevators during your stay. We are striving for a 5 star review next time, so we are working hard to get these items corrected going forward. Thank you again for sharing your experience and allowing us the opportunity to make improvements.
Best Regards,