All reviews oakland airport front desk close to the airport the shuttle driver an early morning flight rental car mile radius next morning great airport hotel bart station free shuttle service free breakfast first floor park and fly oakland area parking lot convenient location
Reviewed 9 September 2018

This hotel is good for its close proximity to the airport. The staff were great. I'm disappointed in the Express chain for changing its cinnamon rolls to partnering with Cinnabon. These have nothing on the plain, no name buns that were the only reason to keep me coming back to Holiday Inn Express. It was something worth to be desired with every stay, but not anymore.

Trip type: Travelled with family
RidgemontHospitality, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear NoN,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share a review of your Holiday Inn Express experience. We appreciate your feedback regarding our new partnership with Cinnabon. I am so sorry that you are disappointed in us for changing our cinnamon brand. However, we are always looking to improve our hotel for the better so your feedback is especially welcome seeing that this was just released. I hope that you can consider staying with us again whenever you are in the Oakland Airport area.

We appreciate your business!

Dorothy G
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Place was nice, staff friendly. It was close to the airport. It is in Oakland, so not a nice area, but felt safe there. The parking lot was gated. Would stay there again. Breakfast was the normal buffet style set up. not great, but good enough.

Date of stay: July 2018
RidgemontHospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Photon13,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide feedback on your recent stay with us! We appreciate all the feedback we get and thrilled you felt we were worthy of 5 Stars! Yes, we are a gated hotel about 1 mile from Oakland Airport. I am also glad to hear you liked our free breakfast buffet! We just revamped the breakfast items and are now making several of the hot items at hotel each morning!

We know you have many choices with you are staying in Oakland and we are very happy to choose The Holiday Inn Express - Oakland Airport! We hope to see you again soon!

Most Sincerely,
Jonathan M.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

This is a nice hotel that is close to Oakland Airport and offers breakfast. I found the hotel to not only be convenient, but it was clean. The room was well kept, a little "old feeling" but overall it was a nice experience and we will stay again when flying in/out of Oakland International. The parking lot was secure which was nice, and they do offer shuttle service and park/ride options.

Room tip: Use the park/ride option if traveling out of Oakland International
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank rat1084
RidgemontHospitality, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Rat1084,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. It is delightful to know that you found that our clean rooms, convenient location, great parking and shuttle amenities and our exceptional service exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport for another fantastic stay soon!

Thank you for your business!
Dorothy G.
Assistant GM.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Wifey and I had a really early flight (7 am depart) set for our 8 night stay on Maui. I didn’t want to ask any friends or family to drop us off at the airport that early so I knew I was going to have to park my car for 8 days at the airport. I looked into the pricing and it was going to be about 200 bucks to park. Holiday Inn Express offered a one night stay plus parking for 220 so I went for it.

Check in was really easy. I am a holiday inn club member (free sign up online or in lobby) so I got to spin a wheel and won a free bag of Doritos which came in handy on my flight! Thank you for that Holiday Inn!

The room was semi updated. Nothing fancy but clean enough to fall asleep and not feel like I was staying in some one star motel. The shower had good pressure and was hot. Towels were clean. Shuttle jammed us over to the airport at 5:00 am and we were checked in on time for our flight to Maui!

We had a great trip to Maui and arrived back in Oakland around 11 pm. I called HI and asked if they had a shuttle running that late. They said they would be right there in 10 min or less and after we grabbed our bags from baggage claim, they were waiting right outside the terminal!

When dropped back at the hotel, the shuttle driver put us right by our vehicle and helped w our luggage. Our vehicle had absolutely no damage and was just how we left it!

I had to give 5 stars for meeting all my expectations and giving great customer services from reception to shuttle services. THANK YOU HOLIDAY INN!!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank MikeandMeliss
RidgemontHospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear MikeandMeliss,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express - Oakland Airport! I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our Park and Fly option while staying with us. Our hotel is a great choice seeing how close we are to the Oakland Airport. We have many guests utilize this Park and Fly option because it is so convenient on many levels. Please know I will pass on your great review to my team! We appreciate all the feedback we receive! They will be happy to hear you felt we were worthy of 5 STARS! This is what we strive to accomplish with all of our guests.
We know you have many choices when staying in Oakland Airport area and we are thankful you choose us.

We hope to see you soon on your next trip!

Jon M.
Holiday Inn Express - Oakland Airport

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

This is a hotel that I will definitely return back to. I stayed at this location for 5 days during a business trip to San Leandro. This hotel has great customer service my first day I checked in I was checked in by Danisha at the front desk I felt like I was talking to someone I knew forever. She made me feel right at home my room was very comfortable my bed was excellent breakfast was good also I thought it was really really fun the spin the wheel for prizes you can sing a song Four Points you could have to flip your hair etc etc that was so much fun one of my co-workers even videotaped it this is the place to stay

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Krysheila99,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with at the Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport! We sincerely appreciate all the feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and thought the customer service was great! I will let Denisha know of your kind words! I know her goal is to do exactly that, make our guests feel right at home! Glad she succeeded. As you know, there are many choices in the San Leandro/Oakland Airport area and I am very happy that you choose us! I hope your co-worker was able to sing well. :)
Hope to see you both soon!

Warmest Regards,